Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to buy an Invidia N1 cat back but I'm not sure if anyone has put one on their xt yet. It doesnt have to be an Invidia however something that has the same flow would work too. My friend and I are gonna drop his axle back portion of the N1 to see what it will look like on the xt. I know the mid pipe will work but i just wanna see if the can (muffler) is gonna rub or fall short. any info would be a huge +!!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
You can make just about any WRX exhaust "work." The two issues with any WRX exhaust will be (1) the pipe going under the rear axle will hang about 1 inch lower and (2) the tip won't be long enough and may burn the rear bumper. You will also need to experiment with different length hangers and/or bend the arms on the axleback to get it to hang at the right height.

If you're going to buy a new exhaust, take a look at the Forester-specific MadDad 3-inch Whisper. It installs without any modification, fits perfectly and sounds awesome!

BTW, are you going to WBM in June? If so, I'll be there and I'd be happy to show you my MadDad exhaust.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man thanks for the advice! You bet I will be there! I was gonna go with my wrx but i am currently parting it out so I can trade it in for a truck for my dad and then im stealing his xt :woohoo:

·
Registered
2008 Sports 2.5XT 4EAT
53 Posts
If you're going to buy a new exhaust, take a look at the Forester-specific MadDad 3-inch Whisper. It installs without any modification, fits perfectly and sounds awesome!
I've been searching around but haven't found a definite answer. Will this exhaust hook up to the stock downpipe on a 2008 FXT? Their website seems to indicate it will, just wanted to check with someone who's actually installed it. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts