Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 2.5X Forester...

I have to take it in to the dealer on another matter (bodywork) next Wednesday and I think I have a few waranty issues to discuss!

Air Recirculation button...looks like a light should come on once it's pressed but mine doesn't...does yours?

Window Lock button...should this "light up", all the other ones do on the drivers left side armrest, mine doesn't...does yours?

Hatch Latch...could just be the cold weather up here but it seems like it might need an adjustment because it sometimes takes a good slam to close it properly...does yours?

On an unrelated matter...odometer wise what is needed to go from 16" rims to 17"/18" rims...is the speedo/odo hooked up via cable/gears or is it in the vehicles computer settings?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring 5M
447 Posts
I will check tonight! has I never used the Air Recirculation button or the Window Lock button..

I don't have problem with my trunk always close properly.
-

for wheel/rim size I would say you should stay in the 3% and +48/50 offset..

Tire size calculator

Use this url to see what size RIM/TIRE combo would work!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
18 Posts
From a Forester 2009 X M/T
-
Air Recirculation button does turn on on any of the "non defrost mode"
If on any of the defrost mode (the last 2 options to the right(Canadian model)) it will not light up (this is probably ok)
-
The Window Lock button does not light up and from what I can see it should not does not seem to be any kind of lighting effect for that feature..simple white design.
-
I don't have problem with my trunk.. I always slam it when I close it.. :)

·
Registered
2009 Forester XTL
52 Posts
2009 2.5X Forester...

I have to take it in to the dealer on another matter (bodywork) next Wednesday and I think I have a few waranty issues to discuss!

Air Recirculation button...looks like a light should come on once it's pressed but mine doesn't...does yours?

Window Lock button...should this "light up", all the other ones do on the drivers left side armrest, mine doesn't...does yours?

Hatch Latch...could just be the cold weather up here but it seems like it might need an adjustment because it sometimes takes a good slam to close it properly...does yours?

On an unrelated matter...odometer wise what is needed to go from 16" rims to 17"/18" rims...is the speedo/odo hooked up via cable/gears or is it in the vehicles computer settings?
yes
no
no
can't answer your odo question. i'd bet money that it is not computer setting related.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
93 Posts
I have to give the rear hatch a good slam to get it to shut properly.

2009 2.5X Forester...

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
I think the 09 Forester uses the ABS sensors to determine speed. I haven't really looked one over, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Just keep your overall wheel package within the same range of diameters as stock, and you'll be set.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
2009 2.5X Forester...

2009 XT in Georgia
1) Yes
2) No
3) Definately not. Have the dealer (or body shop you're going to see) adjust it. I can bring mine down within about a foot of the bumper and let it close on its own.
4) If you're looking at plus sizing your rims, most good wheel/tire dealers have a tire plus size fitment guide that will tell you what size wheel and tire you can use and still maintain your overall rolling diameter.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From a Forester 2009 X M/T
-
Air Recirculation button does turn on on any of the "non defrost mode"
If on any of the defrost mode (the last 2 options to the right(Canadian model)) it will not light up (this is probably ok)
-
The Window Lock button does not light up and from what I can see it should not does not seem to be any kind of lighting effect for that feature..simple white design.
-
I don't have problem with my trunk.. I always slam it when I close it.. :)
Thank you oh wise sensai, you are correct! Been too damn cold here to have it on anything but defrost since I bought it a month ago I guess!

I'll have em' adjust the latch too by the looks of it!
thanks all for your replies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts