Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regards to wear items for both the standard 3yr/36k and the added security gold extended warranties?

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
In regards to wear items for both the standard 3yr/36k and the added security gold extended warranties?
I have had my brake rotors replaced on my WRX when they warped in 9k miles. I am pretty sure the dealer did that as a favor. I don't think ANY wear-items are covered under warranty.

What specifically are you referring to and what are your circumstances?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Here's a link to the 2009 Warranty. It's fairly comprehensive in its description of what covered, and what's not.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Finance Center - Added Security

First item says wear and tear fully covered but I'm thinking theirs some catch.

Cool. Here are the specifics from the above link (assumingly the 2009 standard warranty). I would imagine that the extended warranty considers the below wear/tear items to be the same.

Wear Item Limited Warranty

Wear item coverage is 3 year or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered are brake pad/shoe linings, clutch linings, and wiper blades.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Forester auto
1 Posts
Does the warranty cover problems with wet flooring caused by sun roof drain clogging? That's the tentative diagnosis from the service guy ahead of our dropping it off there next week. We just got our '12 Forester three weeks ago and the floor's been wet for at least two weeks. We finally ruled out that we didn't get it wet by stepping in and out of the rain--it's been rainy and snowy here a lot lately. Is this something covered by warranty? Window seals are not, but don't know about drains. How can our drain be clogged after having it only three weeks? Sounds like they didn't check it before it was sold. Whatya think?

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,939 Posts
Go to the dealer and demand that they fix it.........period. Three weeks old (to you) and it leaks? Nope, you have a legitimate gripe.

Enjoy it, otherwise.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts