• Go with flat black rota torques.

Votes: 7 11.1%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ehhhh....im not so sure about my new wheels. Thay are 18x7.5 BBS RCs et38from a VW GLI wrapped in 225/45r18 Eagle F1 AS. The tires run REALLY wide, and maybe thats what is bugging me.

Dont mind the missing center caps as i already ordered some black/silver BBS caps.

They look great at certain angles and then not so great at others. What do you guys think? I was REALLY contemplating just selling these and going for some 18x8 Rota Torques and ofcourse reusing my brand new tires.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
I think they look awesome. Do you not like how the wheels are sticking out due to the low offset?

Stan

·
Registered
2004 FXT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they look awesome. Do you not like how the wheels are sticking out due to the low offset?

Stan

Yea.....they dont REALLY stick out though. With these tires they are completely flush. I think its the meatyness of the tires that bothers me. Discount Tire failed to inform me that they run WIDE. They now rub on my rear fender, and that will be need to be rolled.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
I like them and think they fit the car pretty well, even the wider tires and I would leave them silver for a design contrast because although the blacked out look can be very cool, it is just not for me.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Take em off and put some 15" chrome Cragars FTW!

Naw man they look fresh!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
That's hellaflush :icon_razz: it's all the rage nowadays.

Those tires are perfect fit for the wheel size. Not sure the tires are the problem, I think it's the offset. Are you on WRX takeoffs?

Stan

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,485 Posts
I love mesh wheels. Looks-wise I prefer these to Torques, and they look great on your car. However, that +38 offset is kind of a bummer since as you noticed it gives you clearance issues (and it's not great for your wheel bearings either). It's a tradeoff, I suppose - looks vs. practicality. I would personally probably look to sell or trade them so I could run wider tires without the clearance issues.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea....they rub a little bit in the back...and I KNOW it's becase of the offset. But they were FREE wheels considering I took them right off my jetta. They are seriously growing on me. I just need center caps. I'll keep them for a while to see what I want to do.

I just need a front lip!

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
They look great! Roll the rear fenders and get a stiffer bar and you'll have no rubbing problems. Nice work!

·
Registered
2008 Forester SG9 2.5XT
130 Posts
They look awesome mate!

Wheels flushes with fenders and suits the black body well too...

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
I think they look great. But at the end of the day, you have to be happy with how your car looks. If you decide to get rid of them, I'll take them off your hands free of charge. :wink:

·
Registered
2008 Forester SG9 2.5XT
130 Posts
Hahahahaha....that's a good one mate!

By the way, just out of curiosty, does branded wheels like Volk Racing, Advan, Wedsports, SSR wheels costs a bomb in the U.S?

Cos in my country, Singapore, one piece of wheel on any of the above brand would cost between S$600 to $700 depending on size & offset.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts