Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

581 - 600 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traded a 2015 XV Crosstrek for a 2018 Forester XT. Crosstrek (MT) was tolerable at sea level but up at altitude it took upwards of 10 seconds to get to highway speed. Also living in a city now and MT wasnt practical. The Forester XT (CVT) has been great so far, loads more power - almost as much as my 05 LGT. And it's very comfortable and driveable - travel a good distance to work each day.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
44 Posts
Traded in my 2005 Baja with nearly 150k miles for the 2019 Forester Sport. Quite the upgrade in convenience, spare, and technology.

·
Registered
2019 Sport
6 Posts
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Still looked good and ran fairly well - except for the A/C, and in the Keys that's a big problem. My new Sport is a HUGE leap into a modern ride

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,005 Posts
It may seem a little crazy but my new 19 Forester Sport replaced this:
View attachment 523829
2019 Ford Mustang
Because when we bought it we didn't know that we were moving here:
View attachment 523830
Eastern Idaho
And that with our new lifestyle these things would want to come adventuring with us.
View attachment 523831
So we decided that this:
View attachment 523832
Was definitely a better choice for our new retirement adventures.
And we couldn't be happier with our choice!
Idaho Falls ?
I like those LED zombie lights.
Source ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
We replaced our 2014 GMC Terrain LTE with the 2020 Touring. It is much easier for my husband, who has Parkinson's, to get in and out of. And might I add, the Subie has great visibility compared to the Terrain. We love it!

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sports
25 Posts
We had a 2005 Honda CR-V that had been totaled in a hailstorm in 2011. It had 275k miles on it, the a/c had crapped out and the ABS didn't work because the right rear sensor was melted when a wheel bearing seized up. It still ran like a top, though. We got $200 for it in the trade, and were pleasantly surprised we got that much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ironically I now park next to someone who has the same model and color car I did before I sold it privately to purchase Forester Sport.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2010 Subaru Forester XT with 120k miles replaced my Ford Fiesta “titanium” with 119k miles. Worst transmission I’ve ever had to drive and get stuck with. Ford hasn’t still not fixed the issue with these and just fully cut the Fiesta and Focus models. I’ll take any Subaru over that car. It got me from point A to B okay with great gas mileage but the car just didn’t feel right. I’m glad to finally get away from that and be back in a forester. Previously owned a 2001 Forester that got me to Tahoe and back 30+ times in deep snow. I am a little disappointed in the recent CVT trans Subaru uses... its sort of like the Ford dual clutch system just doesn’t work as well as it should all for the sake of gas mileage.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X Prem. Automatic
21 Posts
Just recently bought my 07 Forester from my grandmother, it replaced my 06 Honda CRV SE with 158k. I had a love/hate relationship with my crv. I loved being high up, it was great in snow (used to live in NY), and the acceleration was fantastic. After putting it through 2 accidents, 26k miles, and overfilling the engine oil and nearly blowing up the engine LOL I felt it was time for a new car. The gas mileage was killing me as well. My grandmother wanted a new car so she offered to sell me the 07 with 91k for $1500. only owner, no accidents, only needs a new ac compressor. Was one hell of a deal that I couldnt say no to.

File0167.JPG File0173.JPG IMG_0493.JPG

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5 Limited CVT
97 Posts
It replaced another Forester, a year older. Our son just took his first career position, which happens to be in Colorado. His mother told me that she was worried about the Colorado weather and his ancient Nissan...so I told her to tell him to get a used Subaru. So he got a used Subaru, all right...
Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
10 Posts
our 2019 Forester Limited replaced a 2005 Prius, which still runs great at 160,000 miles and was passed on to another family member, who is very pleased. Prius was by far the most reliable car we ever owned, and our 2003 Prius is still running fine. Of course we expect the Subaru to be very reliable, too.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6MT
11 Posts
My 2014 Forester replaced a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid with 238,000 miles on it. Blew the A/C Compressor and it would have cost more to fix than the thing was worth. Got a whopping $650 for it on a trade in.

·
Registered
2019 Forrester Touring
4 Posts
I think it is interesting to see what vehicle you got rid of before getting your Forester. Please post make, model and reason you moved on (if you wish to elaborate). Note, this thread is open to all, not just recent purchases.

Here's mine-2014 Ram 1500 Limited crew-cab pick-up with Ecodiesel engine, great truck, completely problem free for 72k miles, but it was too big. Hard to park and it took up too much space in the driveway, especially now that we have another driver and vehicle with my daughter driving now.
We had the most beautiful black '98 Lexus 400 with all the trimmings. It had180,000 miles when we traded it in. Drove like a dream but... little annoying things started to go wrong last year. Have you priced a simple a/c grill in the dash? $400. Then when the weather got hot, oops hotter, the doors would not lock/unlock and that was a problem sometimes, :p Then the display on the computer would not work when it got 'hotter' also. We didn't even dare to see how much that would cost. The car ran great but since I'm now 79 and getting all crinkled up from 'Author' it just got too hard to get in and out of that 'low rider'. The Forester was perfect for getting into without having to bend my back to lower my head to get in. I originally was shopping for an Outback but the headroom on the doors is too low. Forester fits great. But we have so many questions. The beeper goes off sometimes and we don't know why. Speedometer display just says 'off'. Loving our white Forester. It's nice to be able to lean on our car when I get out without getting 2nd-degree burns. 🔥

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sports
25 Posts
We had a 2005 Honda CR-V that had been totaled in a hailstorm in 2011. It had 275k miles on it, the a/c had crapped out and the ABS didn't work because the right rear sensor was melted when a wheel bearing seized up. It still ran like a top, though. We got $200 for it in the trade, and were pleasantly surprised we got that much.
And now the dealership has it on their lot, in all its rotten, no-straight-panels-anywhere glory, and is asking $4000. 😂😂😂

581 - 600 of 623 Posts