Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

561 - 580 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a 2019 Forester in the base trim. It replaced a 1999 4-door Chevrolet Tracker that I gave away to a family member who wanted it. I miss my old Tracker :-(

·
Registered
2019 Forester Advance CVT
16 Posts
It replaced a 2005 Honda Airwave, which replaced a 1999 Legacy GT-B wagon. I am so happy to be back to Subaru.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the process now of replacing my MY13 Crosstrek. I took it in for the recall regarding the valve springs and they also found problems with the rear wheel bearings which had to be replaced. They also said the engine front cover was leaking oil and had to be resealed. There was also a recall for the brake lamp switch and they did a throttle body cleaning.

I was averaging 26MPG overall and now I am getting 22. I also had to take the car back recently because the passenger seat belt was stuck all the way retracted. Fortunately, the seatbelts have a lifetime warranty so it won't cost me anything.

When I saw the new Forester Sport I decided to get it. I will now get the new global platform, higher gas mileage, more horsepower, X-Mode, and all the new tech for only a few thousand more than what I paid for the Crosstrek back in 2013.

They didn't have the color or options I wanted so it had to be ordered from the factory. Waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium CVT
2 Posts
My Forster replaced my 2004 Mazda Tribute. That Mazda was a nightmare and definitely happy with my 2019 Forester!

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester Automatic
87 Posts
My 2019 Forester Premium (which has been ordered from the factory) is replacing my 2011 Forester. My first time staying with the same brand and model vehicle, though this is only my 5th new car. I’ve had a Chevy Beretta, Pontiac Grand Am, Kia Spectra, and a Subaru Forester.

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
293 Posts
Our 06 2.5 XT replaced a:
2007 Ford Focus estate.... 1.6tdci

Reason for sale... my wife couldn't drive the focus, she's quite small and struggled with the visibility aspects as well as the poor acceleration.

I have to admit in retrospect the visibility by comparison was poor, you did tend to feel very cocoond inside it, then again, I think it did have airbags stuffed in every corner..

·
Registered
2019 Forester Advance CVT
16 Posts
I love the touring assist (self steering with ACC) on my 2019 Forester. Too bad they don't have it out in the states yet.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium
12 Posts
my 2019 Forester replaced a 2012 Chevy Cruze. That Cruze was way too tiny for too long for me.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Touring cvt
10 Posts
The lease on a 2016 CrossTrek was up & in all honesty, I do not put much mileage on any vehicule that I have owned or used. Poking about to see what is there to see, I came across a 2015 Forester that would fit the bill & near enough the same buyback value as on the 'Trek's lease... so (new to me) Forester is stilling in my parking space now!
*** The Forester has an old school radio... no head unit!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium CVT
30 Posts
I should have new 2019 Forester Premium by the end of the week. It is replacing my 2009 Nissan Rogue with 212K and a CVT that is leaking badly. Nothing but admiration for my old Rogue but it's time to move on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It may seem a little crazy but my new 19 Forester Sport replaced this:
IMG_1885.JPG

2019 Ford Mustang
Because when we bought it we didn't know that we were moving here:

Eastern Idaho
And that with our new lifestyle these things would want to come adventuring with us.

So we decided that this:

Was definitely a better choice for our new retirement adventures.
And we couldn't be happier with our choice!

·
Registered
2016 G. Cherokee (going) 8-speed
27 Posts
Our 2019 Forester Sport replaced a 2016 Grand Cherokee Limited. We will miss the GC but we decided as a family to do our part to be more eco-conscious and are hoping the options for all-electric crossovers will be greater in a few years. Even with highway driving we're only seeing about 31mpg on the Subie readout (which I'm told actually over estimates fuel economy). Hoping it gets better over time. We're loving the cheaper insurance, cheaper payments, cheaper fill-ups, but miss the SEAT MEMORY and Uconnect. Also just came back from our first long trip and the seats are not as good as in our GC over a long haul, but I'll hopefully get used to them.

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
4 Posts
From current to past:
2003 Forester 2.5xs Pacifica Blue <- 2003 Forester Silver <- 1998 Impreza Outback Sport (I miss everyday...) <- 2001 Toyota Corolla/1999 Toyota Corolla <- 1988 GL Hatchback (omg why did I sell that) <- 1982 Honda Accord <- 1990 Toyota Tercel.

My parents have had too many Subies to name lol. Currently my dad still has his 1986 GL hatchback, and my mom has her 1999 Outback wagon. We like the old look lol

·
Registered
2014 Accord Sport
27 Posts
My wife had a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD that she bought in 2007 with 30,000 miles on it. We just replaced it 2 weeks ago with a 2018 Subaru Forester Premium 2.5i that had 12,000 miles on it. The Equinox had 210,000 miles on it when we got rid of it. Definitely a HUGE upgrade.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
42 Posts
After the military moved back to North Idaho, but my wife still rocked her little corolla. Got her the 09 forester to give her something with more room, and capability in snowy season. We get on average 60+in etc

561 - 580 of 623 Posts