Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your subie today?

2M views 19K replies 3K participants last post by  GMD 
#1 ·
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on everyday things we do here and there to our beloved Subarus. The weather is getting nicer, so I'm sure we will all be outside more tinkering on our cars.
(if this is a repost, please delete it)

Today has been a busy day for me! Got my Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires in yesterday from Tirerack for the Sti and had them mounted and balanced today by a real cool guy off of Nasioc. If anyone wants his info in the PNW PM me. He runs a legit business out of his home doing tire stuff n such, for a really good deal. But let me tell ya, these tires are STICKY!!! They pick up gravel everywhere but they are SOOOoo nice! It feels like a different car

When I got back from joyriding the STi in it's new tires, I washed the Forester (for the second time this week) and finally got around to hand waxing it. Looks pretty, but boy is there a lot of bumps and bruises on it!

What did you guys do to the subarus today?? :biggrin:

#4,883 ·
It's that time of year here when millions of tiny insects commit suicide on my windscreen and front bumper. This means, those areas get a wash every night. Since I was at it, I pulled out the Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer Wipes to give the interior a wipe as well... a wipe in time saves nine, my grandad told me :)

#4,888 ·
I replaced my dead battery with an Optima Red Top. When attempting to swap the batteries in the parking lot, I came to realize just how corroded the terminal clamps were, so I replaced those. Then as I loosened the battery clamp, I noticed that the securing rods were bent, who ever installed the last battery really made this a pita for me. When all was said and done, the battery swap took two damn hours...

#4,891 ·
Retro fitted the rear cargo cover from the 96ish legacy wagon. All I had to do was trim about an inch in between the two end caps that fit into the clips near the rear. I also trimmed about a quarter inch off the ends of the main body and still have to trim a bit more from the sides for a more exact fit or just so it will drop into the provided space and clip in fully to the space here.>

Heres a couple of pictures of what I did.

#4,893 ·
installed a cabin air filter. I popped open the filter casing and expected to see a lot of gross things falling out at me, but lo and behold there wasn't anything in there... So air filter in and off I went! Also lost one of my mud flaps, parallel parking the foz is a little weird and I bought it into a curb and popped it out. Luckily it only ripped a little and everything else is in place so I just gotta put it back on, but it's easier to take off the wheel so I'll see if the dealership can do it when I get an oil change on Tuesday!

Also waiting on a new black steel hood with scoop (gonna be a fake xt, unless I can get a surprise $6-8k for an STi engine and 6spd swap) but that's been on back order for a week or so, but hopefully that comes in soon!

#4,895 ·
I added some weather stripping into the gaps in the dash to solve a rattle that has been driving me crazy. I also added some to the interior dome light to solve that rattle as well.

Finally, I broke down and ordered an OEM downstream O2 sensor ($150) since I keep getting a P2097 running rich code.

Damn, that was my WL 22mm FSB money!

#4,901 ·
Installed myself an (almost new) sti rear sway bar and endlinks from a 2012 sti. Definitely more substantial than oem Forester rsb; I could feel it when putting it into place. Cornering and turning feels sooo much better now! A definite must do for anyone concerned with their handling. It was also much easier than I expected! If you can do an oil change you can do this :) Thanks to all the people on this site cuz all your knowledge is a huge help! Now if my wife could only understand this new 'hobby' I've found...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.