Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
17641 - 17660 of 17681 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Automatic
395 Posts
So you're saying that the AC worked a lot better after tinting your windows? Is it because there's just less sun getting in?
Yes, seemed liked it cooled off quicker after the windows were tinted. It was about 85f and sunny when I picked up the car and it had been out in the sun for about an hour before I got it. In the 4 miles back to work it was comfortable within the first couple of miles and I was able to turn it down 1 or 2 levels as I approached the office. Not much of a scientific test.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
143 Posts
Seat back cargo net arrived today, installed...
I never realized just how handy those nets were until I bought a set for our '17. I now have some side nets on order for our '05. Surprisingly the OEM nets for the SGs are still available from SOA. So many of the OEM accessories for that generation have been discontinued over the years.

Reactions: subatron

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester L AT
48 Posts
After a complicated series of attempts at using an express lube place, finally gave up and went to the local Subaru dealer to have an LOF done along with a multi-point inspection.

Total cost: $40.11.

Reason I will not be going back to them in the future? Their multi-point inspection failed to notice the passenger side headlight had a hole in it and the turn signal that side was busted out on the bottom -- Which they okayed a not needing any attention. And they failed to remark upon the torn left-side CV boot which my mechanic pointed out to me last week -- and they okayed as not needing any attention.

~~sigh~~

·
Registered
115 Posts
I never realized just how handy those nets were until I bought a set for our '17. I now have some side nets on order for our '05. Surprisingly the OEM nets for the SGs are still available from SOA. So many of the OEM accessories for that generation have been discontinued over the years.
Subaru OEM way too expensive, went to Aliexpress instead.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,427 Posts
Reason I will not be going back to them in the future? Their multi-point inspection failed to notice the passenger side headlight had a hole in it and the turn signal that side was busted out on the bottom...
Yep. In my experience, the only useful thing about these inspections is that I get a piece of paper showing that I've complied with the various inspections required in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet.

Mike

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester L AT
48 Posts
Added a dog seat belt harness thing.
Fiddled with an aftermarket cargo net that seems not to make any sense about how to hook it up.
Got one of those little Anker cigar lighter USB in dash charger things.
Received one of three needed PIAA wiper blades because apparently amazon keeps them scattered about the country so that it takes three different days to deliver them all.

(Yesterday: Received Denso plugs and wires to be installed this weekend, probably.)

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,427 Posts
Replaced a burned out bulb for the passenger-side brake light. First time for this one, although I've already replaced the the driver's-side bulb two times.

Mike

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,059 Posts
Replaced the rear knuckles with Dorman loaded units. I can hear myself think again!

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Limited, 2007 Impreza Outback Sport SE 5MT
158 Posts
Installed a Kartboy Short Shifter and front and rear shift bushings, and drove it around for a day. Now I see what all the hype was about!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,491 Posts
Changed my oil and filter. Nothing exciting but for the summer, I switched to 5w30. Engine is quiet and no hit on gas mileage. Also, my OCI is now 3k miles. Better for short trips. I also have 15 black Tokyo roki filters. A much better filter.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
176 Posts
2014 Subaru Forester 2.0 XT Touring, CVT Transmission

Just passed 92000+ miles. Zero major problems with this Subaru.

On a side note, if you look a the trip OD and the Gas gauge, I think it is pretty impressive to travel 156 miles on just a quarter tank of fuel.

The link below should take you to the list of mods I have completed on this Forester

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
785 Posts
Took delivery of wee stuff for my motor from that bastion of e-commerce that is Aliexpress...

View attachment 554743
Found the steering wheel a little thinner than I would like, cold and mildly uncomfortable so got this steering wheel cover which is rather well made and feels nice. I usually cringe at covers but this isn't tacky looking (I hope).
You didn't want to try something like this?

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
785 Posts
Installed a $100 awning I found from Napa Auto Parts. I figured I would have spent the same amount trying to DIY one. It's surprisingly nice!

View attachment 554961
Funny in that photo the shade is completely not where the awning is extended over!

I never quite liked the front of the SH, but if I ever did get one, I'd want that grille.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
75 Posts
Funny in that photo the shade is completely not where the awning is extended over!

I never quite liked the front of the SH, but if I ever did get one, I'd want that grille.
Haha yeah it was like 5pm. If the car were pointing North it would probably have been more effective.
And yeah the sport grille was one of the first things I did. Completely changes the look. I honestly really don't like the stock grille at all.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
785 Posts
Saw that but the thought of hand stitching.....
Saw a few videos and was almost going to do it, but decided against it for now. That’s only because I’m about to swap my steering wheel, and also didn’t want to cover up its MOMO logo. I think the sewing part is not too hard, but I’m a little wary tying the knots properly.

17641 - 17660 of 17681 Posts