Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17561 - 17580 of 17602 Posts

·
Registered
6 subies in, current '02 jdm XT SG Forester
290 Posts
Im gonna do this relatively soon. Its sad when the wife who never listens to the radio above volume 10 and she will CRANK it to 11 sometimes for her favorite songs..as we were driving one day in the Forester turned to me and said..wow your stereo system SUCKS....I need to have it on 12-14 just to hear it... cant even understand it (highway noise going 65) at highway noise levels... So sometime here will be upgrading all speakers and probably adding in a small power amp for the stock head unit.
Next to my daily (audi b8 chassis S4) with a bang and Olufsen stereo in it, the Forester audio will always be crap, and there will always be a lot of wind and road noise. Sound deadening helps though, there's a reason the audi is nearly 500 kg heavier than the foz 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester premium
218 Posts
@Sven986,
I had a guy I know at work(before i retired) and he went out to do a "oil change" drained the CVT out instead somehow..and no i wasnt there I just know he told me that and thats why he was driving a loaner car lol

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,048 Posts
Pulled and cleaned thoroughly the throttle body, IAC and front of the intake, replaced the TB gasket. Filthy would be an understatement.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,048 Posts
Fuel filter, air filter, topped off the power steering, brakes, cleaned out the clutch reservior and added fresh fluid, picked up some Seafoam for the upper manifold cleaning and added some gas treatment. probably do the manifold and oil change tomorrow while its raining. Had the missus fetch some fuel hose as the one on the filter, although looked good, was rotted on and needed removal with not enough length to make the run back to the filter.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
4 Posts
Got to add something I've been wanting to do for a while. COBB Access port! Noticeable difference with the Stage 1-93 tune. More power, better throttle response, shifts better and more turbo noises. ha ha. I plan on getting a pro tune from Dotson Tuning in a month or so.

Made my own mount for it too. turned out great!

Fits perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
4 Posts
@Sven986,
I had a guy I know at work(before i retired) and he went out to do a "oil change" drained the CVT out instead somehow..and no i wasnt there I just know he told me that and thats why he was driving a loaner car lol
lol Oof that sucks. yeah i had to double check the first time I did an oil change on it to be sure I didnt drain the wrong one. Gonna be super easy now with the Fumoto.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
102 Posts
Took a drive on the Gold Fever Trail off of Holcomb Valley Rd near Big Bear lake, first time we've had our Forester off the highway. It handled flawlessly going up the twisty mountain roads, we're glad we swapped out the factor tires for the Falcon Wildpeak A/T Trails.

·
Registered
2019 Convenience / EyeSight CVT
53 Posts
I took my car in for the swaybar bolt recall and had them update the radio firmware at the same time. Newest Android Auto is a major redesign but wouldn't connect after the update. Eventually got it going by unpairing the Forester from the Pixel phone, rebooting, then pairing up again. May release of AA is quite impressive.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester premium
218 Posts
Took a drive on the Gold Fever Trail off of Holcomb Valley Rd near Big Bear lake, first time we've had our Forester off the highway. It handled flawlessly going up the twisty mountain roads, we're glad we swapped out the factor tires for the Falcon Wildpeak A/T Trails. View attachment 553708
Keep us updated..it may be a couple years still BUT I plan to replace the "stock" tires once they wear out with A/T's.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,050 Posts
Loaded up my Forester and my wife's Ascent to the T (while keeping it safe) for a multi-state move.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
102 Posts
Keep us updated..it may be a couple years still BUT I plan to replace the "stock" tires once they wear out with A/T's.
We've had them on the car for about a year and a half, they've been very good around town, I think we dropped about 1 MPG, but that's to be expected with a slightly larger, more aggressive tire.
The picture didn't really do the trail justice, it was pretty rough in spots, much worse then when we drove my F-150 up there 6 years ago. But the Forester did very well, no scrapes on the underside or rims. Saw a Honda CRV turn around and go back out towards the highway, so we felt pretty smug.
Spent all day yesterday cleaning the dusty dirt out of every nook and cranny, but it was worth it to get out for the first time in a long while.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Touring
50 Posts
Got some Michelin CrossClimate2’s put on today. Only had 943km on the Ecopias but just didn’t want them. Hopefully I can get a fair price for them. Also picked up a new Thule bike rack to go one the Subaru aero bars.

17561 - 17580 of 17602 Posts