Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17521 - 17540 of 17602 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
71 Posts
@Camburu, awesome, classy! Open to making a set for forum members, wink wink?
Haha! I wouldn't be opposed to it. One thing that I'm not super happy about is how the rivets stick out on the other side. I wouldn't be too worried about popping a tire or anything, they're just not very attractive. I painted them black but I wish I could find a different solution.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,319 Posts
Minor replacement part but I thought it important. It’s an engine timing hole plug cap. The part was updated to make a better seal against water intrusion. If you wash your engine bay, this new superseded part makes a tighter seal. The old version was not tight and would allow water intrusion.
7A3EDBAB-9E87-443E-8028-315CE693F9B9.png

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,048 Posts
Minor replacement part but I thought it important. It’s an engine timing hole plug cap. The part was updated to make a better seal against water intrusion. If you wash your engine bay, this new superseded part makes a tighter seal. The old version was not tight and would allow water intrusion.
View attachment 551617
Hahaha, nothing like a good watertight hole plug!:oops:

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,319 Posts
Does PlastDip come in a paint or spray? Curious. How well does it hold up to the elements? Mine came black coated paint. Subaru also has black tape to cover trim. Nice work.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Convenience
8 Posts
Winter tires out, all-season OEM tires in @ 16587KM.
Inflated to 35psi front, 34psi rear (Still look under inflated).
Inflated donut spare to 60psi.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,048 Posts
Drove to the dealer for filters and crush washers, parts store for some Mobile1 full synthetic, and then before even getting started on the GF XV Crosstrek, found this in the engine belly pan-

He had made a nest under the intake and I cleaned it out two weeks ago, well he made another but apparently couldn't take
the heat of the engine warm-up.
30 minutes to pull the air intake and clean it out under the intake, green and yellow matting, not the grey stuff under the carpet so not sure where that came from.
Oil change only took 10 minutes and then took it down to pressure wash the engine and once back, put more bait out in the garage.
Forester gets her oil change tomorrow.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
71 Posts
Got a lot done yesterday! Took the bumper off to install the sport grille. Changed out a broken foglight and put amber overlays over both of them. Painted and installed my custom 3d printed emblems on the sport grille. Cut up some aluminum to mount my Hellas and got those wired up. Really happy with the look now (so is my son!)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
102 Posts
Picked it up from the dealer after having two recalls completed & an oil change. Dealer replaced the liftgate module & checked / tightened the rear stabilizer bracket.

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Premium
8 Posts
I pick up mine from CarMax yesterday after getting some warranty work done. Glad I paid for the extended warranty. New AC compressor, pass-side rear window regulator, and CarMax is paying for an oil consumption study on the motor. It went thru 2 qts in 3,500 miles. We'll see what happens in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Replaced the front sway bar end links with moog. The oem ones lasted till about 78k then 15k later the autozone ones gave up. (I knew it was temporary but didn't want to use subaru again so just took the easy way out lol. I like Moogs attachment more too. Use an edge wrench and a socket instead of slipping an Allen wrench inside the bolt. Plus the moog has top/bottom grease zerks but they need to be facing the right direction or snapped off.

Tomorrow oil change, suby oil filter, castol 5w-30 full synthetic and tire rotation. No real preference on oil but used the same for 232k miles on a previous corolla so figured its available and no past issues lol. Then tire rotation, check spare/air/brake inspection and examine what looked like a small drip-less oil leak near the rear drive of engine once on the lift.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
@FozzyX3 - I had a "subiezilla" for a few days a while back... While the Ascent is nice, it felt too big to me... felt like I was driving a Tahoe/Yukon sized SUV... I'll keep my Forester, thank you...

But I did do this the other day....

Bought 'em online (wish? amazon? mercari?) and they just plug into the normal location of the door lights on the bottom of the front doors... I think Subaru called them puddle lights?

17521 - 17540 of 17602 Posts