Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17461 - 17480 of 17517 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport, Crystal White Pearl
2 Posts
Washed mine for the first time today. I keep finding all sorts of cool little items that make this a great car and I appreciate the thought that went into the design. One little item I found in the front console cup holder have a liner and divider that can be removed for cleaning. I also found several trim pieces around the wheel wells and between the front and rear door that prevent dirt and water from entering the car and other areas. I'm really enjoying getting settled into the new car and all it has to offer.

·
Registered
2020 Forester, CAD Touring, Horizon Blue
69 Posts
Got rid of the BridgeStone Ecopias and put on Yokohama G015 A/T P-Rated tires. Feels more planted in corners and is silky smooth on the highway. Whisper quiet in city driving conditions but up at 60 plus mph you do hear them. I don't think they are any worse than oem but can't say for sure. Not as aggressive looking as the Falken Wildpeak Trail but then again aggressive looks wasn't what I was going for. I wanted a tire that would do 70 to 80% normal driving with the occasional venture into the woods. I've had G015 on three previous vehicles and they have been stellar in all weather/road conditions. Oh and they look great imo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replaced my leaky stock mid pipe/mufflers for a wrx set up. Sounds sportier but still subtle, but there is a drone sound that is not so nice at around 1500-1700 rpm. The wrx set-up bolts right up with the addition of kartboy long hangers (5 in total).

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited
56 Posts
I finished getting mine ready for the insurance company to pick up. I think.

FYI -- try to avoid getting the interior flooded with muddy water (see my post on the previous page). My insurance company said "yeah, we're not touching that - we'll cut you a check instead". So, I'm going to look at new Subaru's this weekend.

I had planned on eventually buying another Subaru - just not less than 8 months after my first. I'll be looking at the new Crosstrek with the 2.5 motor. Maybe I'll like it. Or maybe I'll end up with another Forester. Or maybe even an Outback. I have a week or two before I'll get the check anyway.

What a "wonderful" week it's been. I just need to remind myself -- Subies don't swim.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Automatic
259 Posts
Gave it a good washing this weekend to remove winter scum, especially on the undercarriage. Also wanted it cleaned up so I can give it another couple coats of wax.

The Hoonigan valve stem covers did absolutely nothing for performance... The advertised 40+hp per wheel is false.... Hahahaha.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gave her a bath and installed Rally Armor Flaps.

Had the Yokohama installed last week and here is the tread design on them.

Finally a side look of her all dressed up ready to go.

and lastly a closer look at the G015 tires.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
156 Posts
Used a 3M headlight polishing kit and a UV protector spray to restore the headlights. I did this once before April 2019 without using the UV protector and it started to cloud up again after about 6 months. Hopefully this time it will last longer with some reapplications of the UV protector. Took a total of about 45 minutes to do both headlights.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2002 Forester L 5mt
244 Posts
Got a wheel alignment...she's a joy to drive again. I went to the local u-pull salvage yard and found some fluid caps that had broken, (clutch master cylinder cap, coolant over flow tank cap), and some instrument panel bulbs and sockets.

·
Registered
'10 Forester SportTech, 08 Spec B
40 Posts
The Forester got new eyes!

Before:

After:

Now to figure out what to with the old ones...
Hit them with a DA polisher with Meguiars Ultimate compound, they will look new again. Then open them up, paint them and HID retrofit after that!

·
Registered
‘15 Forester 2.5i 6MT
3 Posts
Installed SSD performance roof rails for my naked roof. I dig them. I also found out the Thule square bars I already had are too short. Any recommendations on crossbars? Stick with Thule? I’ll be carrying a canoe/kayak and have a Thule box for up there too.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,638 Posts
Drove it to my local Subaru dealer for some 60k service items that I did not want to do myself - brake fluid flush, front & rear differential drain and fill, and spark plug replacement. Total cost $541 OTD which I though was reasonable for a Subaru dealer.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,018 Posts
Drove it to get chicken feed and pop into the LGS, traded in the G43's for a pair of Steyr's and some food.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Followup to Rally Armor mud flap install. Before install the back of old blue would be covered in road grime and that was with the oem flaps on. Now with the Rally Armor installed just the rain from above and very little road grime that I can tell. Night and day difference. I highly recommend these and would say they are well worth the investment. I live in a rain forest region and the RA's are getting a work out on a daily basis. Oh and by the way they look great.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
122 Posts
25 March 2021

Took my 2014 Forester XT in for an oil change. tire rotation and balance today. The odometer was at 87,755 the dealer recommended doing the 90,000-mile service which included new fluids in all the differentials, new brake fluid, new brake pads, and resurfacing the rotors on the back brakes.

Now I am good to go for another 6,000 miles or so. Still no significant problems with this vehicle.

17461 - 17480 of 17517 Posts