Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17441 - 17453 of 17453 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
288 Posts
UPDATE: Sad news - Mr Arbogast passed away this week at the age of 99. Glad we had this parade for him while he could enjoy it. Rest in peace, Marine.

Decorated the Forester with balloons and a sign, and joined in a drive-by parade for a WWII vet's 99th birthday. He was (oops, "IS") a Marine who landed on Iwo Jima. He goes to our church and lives about a mile from us. A group of about 50 cars , including two state police cars with lights on, threaded their way through the narrow streets and past his house, beeping horns and shouting "Happy Birthday!" His caretaker and family had him out on the front lawn and he was quite happy.

Video Link: Community rallies to celebrate Iwo Jima veteran’s 99th birthday

View attachment 545699

·
Registered
05 LGTW 5mt / 14 Forester CVT
8 Posts
I had my Forester ceramic coated prior to winter and cleaning it subsequently has been super easy.

I have a real problem with cars though, even this little DD has been addicting to mod. Recent improvements include:
STi steering wheel
Hankook ipikes
GS MCB
JUST purchased new winter wheels - Rota Slipstream black 17x8 +48
LED luxeon fogs
Torque Solution steering dampener
Probably forgetting things, but I like the car or I'm at least trying to convince myself I do.

IMG_20201221_172243~3.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Forester, CAD Touring, Horizon Blue
38 Posts
Installed Curt Class III hitch today. It did take longer than the 1 hour novice time stated on instructions.... I thought about the Eco-Hitch but up here in Canada the price was just to much (3 times more) compared to Curt. I also considered Draw-Tite but it was $80.00 more than Curt and pretty much the same. Looks good and glad I went the way I did. I would not have been able to do it by myself like some have. Old man arms just don't work as well as yesteryear. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Forester S-Edition
3 Posts
Changed the rear differential fluid. It came out looking good. Refilled with Castrol Syntrax 75W-90
Drained the 5-EAT transmission fluid sump and refilled with Penrite ATF MHP. Going to do this twice then drain and fill with Penrite ATF FS twice over the next couple of weeks. That will be a total of 12 Liters of fluid drained and refilled.

Waiting on a Torx set to come from Japan so I have the T70 bit socket to drain the front differential fluid.

·
Registered
2020 Forester, CAD Touring, Horizon Blue
38 Posts
Something for anyone thinking of installing a Curt Hitch. My trailer attaches no problem and same with Thule Bike Rack but can't open hatch while bike is on not enough clearance. If you add a short hitch extension no problem.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Forester S-Edition
3 Posts
Got a tune. Standard S-Edition Forester.
About an 11% increase in peak power and 17% increase in peak torque.
However if you look where you usually drive where the old one was at around 95-100kw, the new tune gives about 125kw so a substantial increase of over 25% power at lower revs.
The dip in power from 3200-3400rpm is substantially reduced too.

This setup really seems to respond to front exhaust section mods. But I enjoy the silence of the standard system and don't want any physical changes yet.

·
Registered
'10 Forester SportTech, 08 Spec B
34 Posts
Checked Oil and Coolant levels before driving to work today, 1500kms on both and no topping up needed!

17441 - 17453 of 17453 Posts