Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17421 - 17440 of 17453 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
226 Posts
Did some "proper" 4WD'ing with some "proper" 4WDs (and an Outback ;) ). Foz did OK vs the bigger rigs i.e. Landcruiser, Prado, Pajero...etc. I would have said Foz wasn't that great vs the big boys but some of them had to use low range 4WD in places, whereas I "only" used X-Mode. Foz did spin its wheels a few times, even in X-Mode, so really need to replace these street tyres with something chunky....

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Premium
5 Posts
Haven't done anything yet, other than purchasing it (1/23/21)!
Weather hasn't been the best for outside pics in the last few days, so here are some of the pics we paid Carmax for!
2011 2.5X

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
969 Posts
Replaced the aging, rusting, knuckle pinch bolts on my 2015 2.5i. Both bolts came out with penetrating oil, no issues.
I used copper anti seize on the new pinch bolts. 80k miles. Don't want any problems when it comes to replacing relevant parts. I also re tapped the m10 threaded hole. Why take a chance?
IMG_3836.JPG.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
More of a two day project, but I got my Rola roof basket all waterproof. I did some research and saw that lots of people were complaining about rust. My buddy was in town and also has the Rola roof basket and his is super rusty! I connected the two pieces and used loctite on the screws. Then I used a clear silicone on the gaps where the two pieces meet. I also found some small holds from some of the welds that I used the silicone on. They really didn't do a good job welding this thing together. Once the silicone dried I wrapped where they meet with black gorilla tape and then put the rubber gaskets that come with the basket over that! What a process! I then applied 3-4 coats of matte black paint over the entire baskets on the top and bottom. Figured since I had all the paint and a station set up, I took the grill off and painted that black too! Super happy with how it all came out. Check the pics!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
226 Posts
I replaced the battery in our spare key fob. Link to steps in my Member's Journal => LINK

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
104 Posts
February 1, 2021

I drove through a snowstorm.

Covered the vehicle in salt, brine, road chemicals, snow (see pictures below 1-4 dirty) then using Speed Shine from Griots Garage I cleaned the vehicle in my garage (see pictures below 5-8 clean)

Yes, I know it is not perfect. However, it is as good as I can do without water and it only took about 30 minutes. Later this week when the temp goes above 40F and I have removed all the snow from my driveway I will do a real wash using vast amounts of water. NO, I do not use a pressure washer, just regular water pressure from the spigot.

No, Griots Garage is not paying me to talk about their products. I purchase their products because they are easy to use and work wonders on a dirty car.

A few months ago after an extensive bath, I put on two coats of Ceramic Wax from Griots Garage. I believe this is a MAJOR contributing factor to how easily the snowstorm filth came off the vehicle. The ceramic wax from Griots Garage is a wonderful product, very easy to put on. The only catch is you have to let the wax cure, dry for 12 Hours after applying.

I also use Rain-X on all the windows and the side view mirrors. Rain-X is a wonderful product. Easy to use and it works. I hardly ever have to use my windshield wipers when traveling over 40MPH.

·
Super Duper Moderator
2,614 Posts
A few days ago installed these into 'Doris' the wagon.... -Previous owner's name, the family liked it, so it stays I guess...

Installed my DIY 3/4" pipe insulation shield to keep from dropping my phone, or future french fries under the seats. Have them in the Forester... Totally worth the $3...

The TuxMat difference is huge and beefy. Our neighbors to the north know how to design proper mats.

The F&R when they meet up on the sills have a slight cut out for the seat-belt...

IMG_20210202_114606056.jpg

17421 - 17440 of 17453 Posts