Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17401 - 17420 of 17453 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FXT Sports slushbox
63 Posts
Removed bumper cover, pulled the driver's side headlight, swapped out to LEDs for turns/side/eybrow, then proceeded to get about halfway through sanding that headlight before getting distracted for the rest of the day. It's a good thing I don't drive much lately.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
104 Posts
Filled up the gas tank after driving 306.2 miles, mostly highway.

The gas pump automatically clicked off at 11.5 gallons, I squeezed in 12.2 gallons.

This puts my MPG between 26.63 and 25.1.

I used to get 32 MPG.

I wonder if the decrease is due to the change from the OEM tires or because of winter time gasoline or because of both.

The most recent new tires are Michellin Cross Climate in case anyone is wondering.

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
168 Posts
Installed a STI Style Front Lip (aftermarket, non oem) from Bayson R Motorsports - sj

Thanks to @numskull50 for the recommendation.

Had it painted to color match as best as possible to mimic that actual STI Style Lip.

I think it cleans up the front end really nice and adds just a touch of aggressiveness.

·
Registered
2003 XS M/T
17 Posts
Oil and filter change last week! 205k and runnin'.

Had a strange exhaust noise at around 2500rpm in 5th. Crawled under and spotted a heavily disintegrated center exhaust donut. Bought a new donut and some screw/spring sets(the old ones snapped upon removal), pulled the exhaust from there back, cleaned up the mating surfaces, and threw the new parts on. All is well in the world now!

Next up, pulling the trans to see if my suspicion of a TOB thats on its way out is accurate...

Also spotted an pre-facelift SG XT parked at a neighbors in my town, I'm tempted to give them my number in case they ever want to sell it. Envy will be my downfall!

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
54 Posts
Well, I was wrong about the Husky Liners returning to normal shape, and not having any gaps. I returned the first set, because Husky said they looked defective. However, the new set was the same, so I contacted HUsky again, and showed them pictures of the new liners having several gaps. The customer service agent said "that's the way they are supposed to fit, and just because they don't fit the way you want them to fit, doesn't mean there is something wrong with them." I said thank you, goodbye. I returned them to Amazon even though I was two months past return deadline for the second set. Amazon worked with me. It had to do a little begging, but Amazon helped me.

I will be getting a set of 3D MAXpider liners. What a shame, because I had an excellent set of Husky's in my '17 Crosstrek that fit perfect with no gaps at all.

Pics of the second set

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Obsidian Black Pearl 4EAT 99.7% stock
67 Posts
My twin son's bought me a hybrid BOV. I'm old and they said it will make me smile - I said the serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors that I eat now already do a terrific job, but I put it on and I like it. A lot. With the 4eat its recirculation nearly 100% of the time anyway, i can only hear an admittedly sweet sounding VTA with tiptronic shifts at WOT or by giving it a bootful of revs whilst stationary. No change while at idle, no pops no backfire. Read heaps about not changing from the perfectly adequate recirculating valve the engine comes with but what the hell, it was FREE, it made a couple of twent-one-year-olds happy and that makes me happy. Now where'd I put my walking stick, Prozac and warm beer........thundering typhoons!!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,512 Posts
Solved a buzzing/creaking noise which has been bugging me ever since the weather turned cold. I thought it was coming from the driver's seat (maybe a spring if there is still such a thing) as it would sometimes make the noise when I shifted in my seat, but it would also sometimes make the noise when I wasn't moving around. It turned out to be the female part of the driver's seatbelt buckle which made a noise when it flexed. I shot a little silicone spray up the bottom of the female buckle and the annoying noise went away!

·
Registered
2008 FXT Sports slushbox
63 Posts
It took all week, but I finally finished polishing my headlights and got my bumper back on. The passenger side light needs a rework, but it's fine for now. I just didn't want to spend any more time on it.

The new Diode Dynamics LEDs are amazing. Now I have: turn signals (F/R), side markers, eyebrows, tail/stop, and map lights. At some point I'll get more for the dome and cargo areas, as well as license plate and reverse. But damn, that stuff adds up.

17401 - 17420 of 17453 Posts