Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

17101 - 17119 of 17119 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,100 Posts
Drove my Forester to Ski Valley (8,200' elevation) on Mt. Lemmon today to check out the damage from the recent 120,000 acre Bighorn Fire. I reset my trip meter as we started down and according to the exaggometer I got 76 mpg all the way down the 24 mile long Catalina Highway.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
555 Posts
Got one side of the garage cleaned out, so the '19 is now out of the sun.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
27 Posts
I wrote a couple of days ago about my original key no longer working In my ‘04 XT, it had worn too much. I learned that if I brought the registration indicating that I owned the car and my ID into the dealer, they would cut new keys based on the VIN. Not too bad, $14.00/key blank and $6.00 to cut. I got two. They, of course, work perfectly. No more using the valet key. What surprised me was I emailed their service manager and he responded within an hour.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Looks nice. I guess that Apple fire is the reason it looks a little hazy down here in the Murrieta/Temecula area.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,084 Posts
@Kean @HeyChris - We've had some smoky days with the Apple Fire going on .... on Monday, a fine coat of ash was on the Subehru ... quite noticeable on my marine blue pearl... not so much on the white pearl 2020 Sport I've got as a loaner but still there. It hasn't been as hazy in the sky the past few days...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah, here it just looked a little smoggy on the horizon. The sky is still quite blue as it normally is. I haven't really been going outside as much the past few days as my sinuses haven't been treating me so well lately. The pollen count has been moderate to high. :(

We've been getting some fairly consistent winds from the SW so maybe that's exactly what I was seeing the other day. ....what was on the horizon.

That may be a different story as you get toward Corona though.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,084 Posts
Yesterday ... saw it parked in the back lot of the dealer waiting on parts...

·
Premium Member
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
35 Posts
Installed the STI Flexible Draw Stiffener today on my 2020 Touring. Have not test drove to see if there is any improvement, etc. Was a bit tough reverse engineering the Japanese instructions. Thank goodness for Google translate.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,193 Posts
Yesterday I swapped out my engine and cabin air filters, and vacuumed out the tree crud from the little wells around the front wiper hubs, and under the hood.

Mike

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
26 Posts
Yesterday:

Got some new tires. Replaced Geolander G015 with Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails 225/60r18

Definitely a better look but literally went from the tire shop back home and didn’t drive out today. Will get some miles in before any real comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,100 Posts
Definitely let us know how the Wildpeak Trails compare to the G015's after you have had time to compare.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
115 Posts
Got some groceries, then washed it. Got muddy driving home Friday night. We had another storm that dumped a lot of rain in a short time. But not as bad as Tuesday when the remnants of the tropical storm rolled through.

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT CVT (High Torque)
215 Posts
Yesterday:

Got some new tires. Replaced Geolander G015 with Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails 225/60r18

Definitely a better look but literally went from the tire shop back home and didn’t drive out today. Will get some miles in before any real comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No matter how they drive, they look great! I put Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tires on mine, and while I live the tires, they don’t look as good.

17101 - 17119 of 17119 Posts