Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

16901 - 16920 of 16955 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6MT
797 Posts
Sucked 1.2l of oil out through the dipstick tube to get the level back down to the "full" mark. The car has been perpetually overfilled each service I can remember, this time more than most.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
384 Posts
Bought some new factory mats from ebay and put them in.... I'd been out on a dirt road a month or two ago and the rock I was crawling over shifted and crunched the factory "mud flap" and snapped a few of those plastic clips... so added new plastic clips and locked it back in place...

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5
2 Posts
I had to buy a new radiator. It started leaking from the top of it. The plastic blew under the metal pins.

I bought the car a couple days ago by the way

·
Registered
2008 FXT Sports slushbox
46 Posts
I had to buy a new radiator. It started leaking from the top of it. The plastic blew under the metal pins. View attachment 534461

I bought the car a couple days ago by the way
Welcome aboard! That's a bummer, but the silver lining is that you'll have peace of mind that there's at least one thing on the car you know is solid.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
275 Posts
Interior LEDs installed. I opted for the Sylvania Zevo series lamps, as I found that the OEM dome light upgrade sold by Subaru was thought to be a Zevo lamp. I’m hoping they all match well and provide much more light! I did the dome light, rear cargo light, and the two front door under lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just drove the 4 miles or so home from the tire shop but the car feels “better,” seems like it’s more planted. I took a decibel reading this morning on the stock ones and I’ll take another one tomorrow on my way to work but they don’t seem any louder.

It’ll be interesting to see the difference, although the stock ones were only on there for 500 miles. Heading out camping in a week and a half so that will be the true test.

·
Registered
10 Posts
  1. Oh nice how are you finding them so far? I got some coming soon 😁
After taking them on a quick trip down a dirt/rock road last night and commuting into work today (49.7 miles),extremely happy with them.

The top reading was on the stockers, bottom with the WP’s (same stretch of highway, same speed each time). MPG on the way to work has been 37.8 on OEM and I got 37.1 on the way in this morning (ACC on, HVAC off both times). The ride home is typically 1.5-3 MPG lower regardless of what car I drive- still great mileage with the ability to hit FSRs and minor trails.

Can’t wait to take it camping in a week.

·
Registered
2009 SH Forester Premium
45 Posts
After taking them on a quick trip down a dirt/rock road last night and commuting into work today (49.7 miles),extremely happy with them.
View attachment 534560
The top reading was on the stockers, bottom with the WP’s (same stretch of highway, same speed each time). MPG on the way to work has been 37.8 on OEM and I got 37.1 on the way in this morning (ACC on, HVAC off both times). The ride home is typically 1.5-3 MPG lower regardless of what car I drive- still great mileage with the ability to hit FSRs and minor trails.

Can’t wait to take it camping in a week.
That's what I like to hear! Or not hear 😉

What tires did you have on before this? My current tires are worn so with the stock rim/tire combo they come in at 40.1lbs. If the stock rim is 21lbs for my SH I should see an increase of 6.8lbs of unsprung weight per corner. If it yields really bad mpg/performance I'll switch to a light weight rim.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
17 Posts
Sanded, primed and painted the tailgate trim piece and the C-pillar trim pieces. The tailgate looks okay, the C-pillar pieces don’t. I think there was probably some contaminant and caused the paint to wrinkle a bit. Just have to do it again. I like the debadged look. The color is Duplicolor Storm Gray. The color looks good. Fits with black paint.

·
Registered
2009 SH Forester Premium
45 Posts
Sanded, primed and painted the tailgate trim piece and the C-pillar trim pieces. The tailgate looks okay, the C-pillar pieces don’t. I think there was probably some contaminant and caused the paint to wrinkle a bit. Just have to do it again. I like the debadged look. The color is Duplicolor Storm Gray. The color looks good. Fits with black paint.
Pictures for the homies?

16901 - 16920 of 16955 Posts