Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

16881 - 16900 of 16955 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Limited. Performance and Appearance mods.
6 Posts
Removing my 4" downpipe and installing a 3" recommended by my tuner. Also upgrading my Turbo from a Bloush 16G EVO to a new 2.5xtr Dominator 8cm BPT. ;)

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6MT
797 Posts
Seen this thread for a long time, but never posted to it (I think). Thought I'd fix up a few small niggles one sunny late autumn afternoon whilst working-from-home in Canberra:
  • Tweaked the driver's door alignment. Closes much easier now.
  • Cleaned the windscreen washer nozzles. 3 jets each side instead of one now. Need a slightly thicker diameter wire to do a complete job as the jets are a bit askew as holes not perfectly clear, at one point they were doing a "Ghostbusters" and "crossing the streams!"
And also done recently:
  • Tweaked the driving light adjustment- actually illuminates the road now rather than trying to annoy the interstellar neighbourhood, find possums in trees or pretending I'm a taxi.
  • Redid the tyre pressures for the colder weather.
Little things do make a difference!

·
Registered
2006 Forester X
19 Posts
Now I've just ordered parts to replace the radiator... tiny little crack in the plastic housing on the top with a very slow leak.
Got the new radiator in and filled. Replaced the hoses with it.

Did the oil and tire rotation also. About 800 miles early, but decided to just do it since I had the car up on stands and already had some coolant and ATF to clean up.

Also put in replacement LED dome and map lights, and remounted our junkyard autodimming/compass mirror.

Finally caught up with everything? Maybe. Debating whether I should try to address some of the body rust or just leave it be. Same with the AC belt adjustment bracket.

·
Premium Member
06 Xt\05 sti Mt
648 Posts
Put a 2015 Sti rack into my Subaru, not my Forester but the install is basically the same. Just a little easier on the Forester due to the subframe having less mounting locations.

If you are curious about installing 2015+ STi rack into your SG Forester, stop by and check it out. I also have plenty of other Diys and installs for all kinds of Subarus!
https://www.blingstrom.com/diy-project/2020/5/4/15-sti-steering-rack-install-on-a-2005-sti-how-to-fit-the-quicker-rack-in-your-older-subaru

Here is a few quick bites of the how to.

Hope it helps you out! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
17 Posts
Pushed out a dimple on the corner of the front bumper, passenger side. Used a heat gun and an old wooden curtain rod with a ball end. Took about 15 minutes and a lot of massaging. The paint is a little stressed and some cracks but it looks pretty decent. The hardest part was putting the fender liner back in place.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Yesterday, washed it with my favorite Meguiars M62 with a dusting of their Express Wax as I was drying it off...

Today, 200 mile round trip for a visual check of a parent... 20.4mpg...... I've seen worse mileage cruising at 73mph...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
17 Posts
I clay barred the years neglected paint and used some rubbing compound on some particularly tough spots. I didn’t have a chance to polish today, 18-year old girl’s car needed a little detailing. Both cars are looking decent now.

·
Registered
2008 FXT Sports slushbox
46 Posts
Today I ran my car through a crappy touchless car wash, then toweled her down and actually cleaned the wheels for the first time in...longer than I want to admit, then went for a bit of a drive up my local mountain. On the way back down it was like going through a car show. Heaps of Subies, Evos, Bimmers, Hondas, and even what had to be a Corvette club. It was a really nice day out, and it was nice to get a chance to push the car a bit again (GF is not a fan of really hard turns, so I went solo).

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0i CVT
12 Posts
Changed all interior lights, license plate lights, and reverse lights and also the front parking lights to LED, bought from Amazon, what a change! after it was done, everything looked beautiful! except for those horrible yellow main and fog lights... So I ordered LED's for all the front of the car! cannot wait for them to get to me!.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
12 Posts
Put on plate frames, removed fog light grilles for painting... thought about how it would look if I patched up the front guard and painted it as well.... I think I would look bizarre.... I kind of like that

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,507 Posts
Air filter change (dirt road increases that need dramatically) topped up fluids and fuel.
Didn't need to bend over at a dealership either.
Subies are soooo easy to work on..
;)

16881 - 16900 of 16955 Posts