Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

16861 - 16880 of 16955 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,942 Posts
A lot of broken studs is due to the lug nuts being removed/installed with air tools. As well as being over torqued....

I was having issues with my favorite @Discount Tire until I got them to stop using air tools on my Subarus. Even though their 'torque sticks' were supposed to limit torque. The high speeds plus following the wrong specs... were creating havoc. Specs for mine is 73.8ft-lbs... 2014+ is 89 ft-lbs. Which is quite a difference.
I've had this exact problem with Discount Tire. The Subaru lug nut torque spec for my 2010 is 58-72ft-lb. However DT's spec is 80 ft-lb. I had multiple broken studs twice before I figured out what was going on.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,263 Posts
Continued to build her a new garage. It’s going to be killer.

she’s been all alone parked outside for the past few weeks

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
@MGaissert , @ForesterBill ,

I still ask what they have for their torque specs when I go in.... Just to double check that their computers still have my notes in there.
Always easier to ask before they start the work, then after they've broken one or two... =/

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester S
14 Posts
I discovered that my drivers side headlight was going dim, and then discovered that the headlight socket had started melting for some reason, apparently common on the 98-00, so I cut it out and replaced it with Dorman 84970 and now my headlight works great!

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester S
15 Posts
I discovered that my drivers side headlight was going dim, and then discovered that the headlight socket had started melting for some reason, apparently common on the 98-00, so I cut it out and replaced it with Dorman 84970 and now my headlight works great!
I will keep that in mind when I upgrade my headlights might upgrade the sockets on mine when that time comes

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Premium
16 Posts
Added a cell phone dashboard carrier from Amazon. Now my phone has a solid resting place easy to access and out of the way when driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Added a cell phone dashboard carrier from Amazon. Now my phone has a solid resting place easy to access and out of the way when driving.
Your phone will sync with the car for hands-free answering and conversation, and the display will show you the Contacts you uploaded from your phone. So why the extra hardware?

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Spent a mind relaxing 30 minutes vacuuming and wiping down the interior with Aerospace 303....

My last batch of Meguiars was too chemically smelling out of the bottle.

Exchanged it for a new one, since they are local to me. (They're sourcing the batch to figure out if they have a bigger problem)

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

16861 - 16880 of 16955 Posts