Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

16761 - 16780 of 16790 Posts

·
Premium Member
‘14 FXTT; '15 Legacy FB25
985 Posts
Thanks, but I don't consider myself to be a hero - just a good neighbor. The heroes are all the medical professionals, first responders, and people providing essential services like groceries, pharmacies, gas stations, and utilities.
They can be, but they’re also just doing their jobs. People like you, who choose to go above and beyond, should be very proud of yourselves.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
14 FXT

1. Cleaned the OE Harman Kardon amp with electrical parts cleaner. Re-installed with dielectric grease on all three connectors. This required removing the four 14mm hex head studs to get the driver’s seat out of the way.

2. Installed new shift assembly (piano black instead of silver), boot (pleather with red stitching) and shift knob (also pleather with read stitching).

3. Detailed part of the interior before getting lazy. I need to remove the kid’s car seats, pull the WeatherTech liners and really do a deep dive. We didn’t detail the interior car AT ALL last year.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,789 Posts
I went to Walmart early this morning during "senior hour" to purchase a 5 gallon jug of Valvoline MaxLife 5W30 for the 2010 Forester. The oil shelves were stocked full and there was no pushing and shoving in the oil aisle :)

·
Premium Member
06 Xt\05 sti Mt
645 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
14 FXT ~78 miles:

Biffed an effort to refurb my failing starter motor by relubricating it. One of the backshell studs snapped internally and the other one was likely to do the same. The two other Phillips head screws didn't want to budge at all.

Just spend $337 for a new starter from Subaru parts warehouse. There were used options for less than half and aftermarket options for 1/3 the cost, but I've personally had bad luck with aftermarket and really, REALLY don't want to have to do this job again so long as I own the car.

//

Replaced the PCV valve while the intercooler was removed.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
98 Posts
Added the airbox. I got the whole intake setup for $100. trims are a little leaner than normal running the cobb 93 map but not out of line for dangerously. Normal cruising af learn is +3 to +6. Doing a pull AFRs stays around 11. Hope to get protuned soon anyway so shouldn't be a problem. Guy had a mishi catted jpipe for 200 but was for the 6speed so it wouldn't bolt up and I couldnt find the different bracket for the cvt from mishi anywhere.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Added the airbox. I got the whole intake setup for $100. trims are a little leaner than normal running the cobb 93 map but not out of line for dangerously. Normal cruising af learn is +3 to +6. Doing a pull AFRs stays around 11. Hope to get protuned soon anyway so shouldn't be a problem. Guy had a mishi catted jpipe for 200 but was for the 6speed so it wouldn't bolt up and I couldnt find the different bracket for the cvt from mishi anywhere.
what were you seeing before for fuel trims? 3-6 isn’t great, but it‘s not terrible at all.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Limited, 2007 Impreza Outback Sport SE 5MT
32 Posts
Picked up a mint set of heated black leather seats from a 05 FXT to swap into my 2007 Impreza for a steal. Planning on scavenging the seats to make a hybrid front seat that uses the Impreza/WRX frame with the bolster support base with the FXT cushion and back to keep about the same bolstering. Back seats were super easy to swap because I have a wagon. Probably do the same kind of swap for the passenger so the airbag system plays nicely. Even got the wiring harness and switches for the heated seats out of the FXT so should be pretty OEM and easy to hook up, I’ll post the results in my mod thread on NASIOC and maybe some here on a thread if anyone is interested. Not seen this kind of conversion documented before, as most forester owners swap Impreza seats and not the other way around

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
416 Posts
Pulled the dashboard on our 1987 RX to remove an A/C evaporator core that's covered in mummified, centrifuged mouse guts. Oh, the joys of classic car ownership...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
62 Posts
Installed Autostop Eliminator on our 2019 Touring today. Easy to install, works perfectly. No more having to remember to disable the "feature" each time we get in.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
14 FXT ~78k miles

1. New OE starter installed yesterday
-----Man, was that a pain in the butt to remove!!!)

2. New Group 24 NAPA The Legend Premium battery - BARELY fits with stock terminal ends
-----Old Group 25 battery could have lasted longer (6.5 years), but there were signs that this winter might be problematic

16761 - 16780 of 16790 Posts