Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

16741 - 16760 of 16790 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
3 Posts
Found a SG prodrive muffler and put it on my SF5 using split flanges. I guess I could've cut out the old flange and welded a reducer, but i haven't performed a leak test on the joint yet. If it turns out that joint is leaking, I'll buy a mid pipe and keep the stock one (for when I eventually sell this car). I'll post a youtube clip later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put fresh gear oil in the diff and installed my Primitive skid plate. Still have to do the same with the engine oil, trans fluid, and front diff, and install two more skidplates. RallyX on Saturday if it doesn't get cancelled.

·
Registered
2015 Forester premium
7 Posts
Ransomed it back from the dealer after $3500 of work. Cam carrier reseal and a front axle unit replacement - this at just over 100K miles. Discouraging! The air conditioning compressor went last summer. I want to drive this thing a lot more miles, but it’s not holding up as well as I’d expected.

·
Premium Member
‘14 FXTT; '15 Legacy FB25
985 Posts
Ransomed it back from the dealer after $3500 of work. Cam carrier reseal and a front axle unit replacement - this at just over 100K miles. Discouraging! The air conditioning compressor went last summer. I want to drive this thing a lot more miles, but it’s not holding up as well as I’d expected.
I wonder how much money you would have saved at an Indie shop!

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,391 Posts
Got Strut #4 installed this morning and an alignment. Even though only lowered ~1.5", it makes the left front caster a little messy.

But I'll take it. If in the area I definitely recommend this small two man shop. (The owner's wife also drives a Forester XT)

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
14 FXT 77,900 miles

Replaced factory fill of gear oil with Motul Gear 300, front and rear.

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,391 Posts
Last evening.... Adjusted my headlights by raising the beam area a smidgen...

So now it is either better, or I'm going to start getting people flashing their high beams at me...

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Last evening.... Adjusted my headlights by raising the beam area a smidgen...

So now it is either better, or I'm going to start getting people flashing their high beams at me...
What method did you use to adjust your beam? I feel as if the beam has always been a little low, but I’m wary of adjusting for fear of being flashed. Unfortunately, our 14 FXT Touring has REFLECTOR HIDs, which I think people are more readily annoyed by when they’re bright ( even if correctly aimed) compared to the more prevalent PROJECTOR HIDs on the road.

·
Registered
2014/2009 Forester
14 Posts
‘14 Premium, 116K-Replaced front sway bar end links, “sealed” the area around the 12 v outlet-outlet was loose and making rattling noise over bumps, and placed a full-length section of black, surgical grade tubing between the windshield and dash-dash was making noise in at least three places (left and right speaker covers and by the center vent), new set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortred tires Friday. Noises appear to be eliminated...I hate noises

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,391 Posts
@gathermewool,

You need to turn the below nut clockwise to raise them . It's easier to use a 5/16 socket versus a flat head due to the space available.

The passenger side is below the snorkus for the air box. I find using my garage door as a canvas to see them go up n down easy to use.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
needed some quiet time away from the pandemic news overload, so I
removed and replace the spark plugs.
ngk v-power plugs
old set had 40,000 mi on them
just did the same last night! 14 FXT 77,943 miles.
they looked good, but the porcelain cracked and broke apart inside the socket on one of them upon removal. Not sure what happened there.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
168 Posts
Our Governor just shut down the state, so I went to the grocery store and filled up the back with $200 worth of groceries to take to 2 older widows, one 2 doors down from us and the other a member of our church. They are both afraid to come out of their homes and go shopping. Took them enough food and staples to make meals for a couple of weeks. Wiped every can and container off with lysol wipes before re-packaging it into clean bags by their doorsteps.

One told me if she lives, it's because of me. I said if she lives, it's because of Him.

I'll sleep well tonight knowing these 2 ladies are not worried about eating.

That's what I did with my Subaru today. I encourage others to also check on their older neighbors. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Our Governor just shut down the state, so I went to the grocery store and filled up the back with $200 worth of groceries to take to 2 older widows, one 2 doors down from us and the other a member of our church. They are both afraid to come out of their homes and go shopping. Took them enough food and staples to make meals for a couple of weeks. Wiped every can and container off with lysol wipes before re-packaging it into clean bags by their doorsteps.

One told me if she lives, it's because of me. I said if she lives, it's because of Him.

I'll sleep well tonight knowing these 2 ladies are not worried about eating.

That's what I did with my Subaru today. I encourage others to also check on their older neighbors. Thanks!
You're a hero, buddy.

My buddy is in MA and is worried because he says they'll be limiting certain staples for which he's responsible for his extended family to provide for. I hope he and you (and everyone) can get what they need to keep themselves and those around them safe through this whole thing!

Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
1999 L 4AT
1,173 Posts
They are both afraid to come out of their homes and go shopping.
Damn straight they are afraid. They probably both lived through the Asian Flu (1958) & Hong Kong Flu (1969) pandemics, and remember the sickness and death around them. Now they're facing at the Wahun Flu.

When will China get its act together when it comes to sanitary conditions at these outdoor, live wildlife markets?

#StayHome #StayHydrated

16741 - 16760 of 16790 Posts