Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

16541 - 16560 of 16608 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester
20 Posts
It only had 21 miles on it. Oh well, I ordered 2 spares!
[/QUOTE
Ouch! Been there, done that. Hope it wasn't a new tire. What were you using for a jacking point? I always jack from the side.
Bill, I forgot to answer the jack question. I used a bottle jack near where the factory jack point is and I backed it up with the factory scissor jack on the rear control arm. We were in a little snow so we found a flat spot and chocked the fronts with rocks. I pulled an F150 off of a snowy dropoff he had backed over a few hours before this pic. I think he was a little embarrassed!

·
Registered
2005 Forester X and XT Manual and Auto
786 Posts
Last night i redid the usb and aux lines from the stereo going into the center cubby. I used to have a single usb line hanging loosein the cubby. Made a plastic panel for 2 usb ports and 1 aux, nice and flush, and screwed it into the side of the bin where i had cut a hole to mount this panel. Its not OEM looking, but definitely cleaner and more functional. Will post pics in my journal soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on everyday things we do here and there to our beloved Subarus. The weather is getting nicer, so I'm sure we will all be outside more tinkering on our cars.
(if this is a repost, please delete it)

Today has been a busy day for me! Got my Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires in yesterday from Tirerack for the Sti and had them mounted and balanced today by a real cool guy off of Nasioc. If anyone wants his info in the PNW PM me. He runs a legit business out of his home doing tire stuff n such, for a really good deal. But let me tell ya, these tires are STICKY!!! They pick up gravel everywhere but they are SOOOoo nice! It feels like a different car

When I got back from joyriding the STi in it's new tires, I washed the Forester (for the second time this week) and finally got around to hand waxing it. Looks pretty, but boy is there a lot of bumps and bruises on it!

What did you guys do to the subarus today?? :biggrin:
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on everyday things we do here and there to our beloved Subarus. The weather is getting nicer, so I'm sure we will all be outside more tinkering on our cars.
(if this is a repost, please delete it)

Today has been a busy day for me! Got my Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires in yesterday from Tirerack for the Sti and had them mounted and balanced today by a real cool guy off of Nasioc. If anyone wants his info in the PNW PM me. He runs a legit business out of his home doing tire stuff n such, for a really good deal. But let me tell ya, these tires are STICKY!!! They pick up gravel everywhere but they are SOOOoo nice! It feels like a different car

When I got back from joyriding the STi in it's new tires, I washed the Forester (for the second time this week) and finally got around to hand waxing it. Looks pretty, but boy is there a lot of bumps and bruises on it!

What did you guys do to the subarus today?? :biggrin:
Put on a new set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 tires mounted on new Radius wheels. Ready for winter.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
29 Posts
Pulled the engine cover off and started the process of making the engine bay look purty. I'll be ordering a decal or badge to replace the emblem on the cover. I'm deciding on making the center silver or blue, and painting the Subaru letters white and Forester Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Forester S, good ol' 5 speed
23 Posts
I broke the plastic part of my intake, so I replaced everything with a PVC cold air intake that a few others have done instead of getting new stuff. According to the scan tool the air temp went from 140F to 95F, which is roughly 9hp according to the first site that gave me equations :) ...Even in there weren't a power gain at all, the throttle response is much sharper which feels nice with the manual!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
29 Posts
Mike, you have seen me before. In a galaxy far far away. But thank you. I finished the cover and think it looks goooood! Before anyone starts, I know it's not an actual STI, but that doesn't mean I can't imagine it to look like I think a Forester STi would, anyway enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
630 Posts
My rear hatch area light switch has always been dodgy. Pulled it apart today refreshed the contacts and cleaned and treated. I'll crawl back in tomorrow to wrap it up. Also sanded the sail pillars in starting prep to get them ready for the plasti-dip that I used on the front grille. I did about 20 coats and it has held up well. A little sandpaper, a pick, Q-tips and electrical contact cleaner do wonders.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
91 Posts
Picked up my winter wheels and tires at Tire Rack. MSW Type 85 17x7 gunmetal wheels & Vikingcontact 7 winter tires. Went to FAST (West Chester, PA) to have them installed and clone the TPMS sensors.
https://flic.kr/p/2hHxQZA
These tires are far quiter than the Blizzak WS80 I had on my 2005 LGT wagon.

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,330 Posts
It was hungry last night.... Filled it up and thank goodness for Ralph's (Kroger) Fuel Rewards..... Without it $4.35 gallon..... Rewards only saved me $.30

16541 - 16560 of 16608 Posts