Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your subie today?

2162622 Views 18555 Replies 3027 Participants Last post by  Vladder1
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on everyday things we do here and there to our beloved Subarus. The weather is getting nicer, so I'm sure we will all be outside more tinkering on our cars.
(if this is a repost, please delete it)

Today has been a busy day for me! Got my Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires in yesterday from Tirerack for the Sti and had them mounted and balanced today by a real cool guy off of Nasioc. If anyone wants his info in the PNW PM me. He runs a legit business out of his home doing tire stuff n such, for a really good deal. But let me tell ya, these tires are STICKY!!! They pick up gravel everywhere but they are SOOOoo nice! It feels like a different car

When I got back from joyriding the STi in it's new tires, I washed the Forester (for the second time this week) and finally got around to hand waxing it. Looks pretty, but boy is there a lot of bumps and bruises on it!

What did you guys do to the subarus today?? :biggrin:
Reactions: 1
101 - 120 of 18556 Posts
Very nice, I love the SDRs (especially in bronze)! :biggrin: Click the link in my sig if you wanna get an idea of what they look like on an SF!
Ooooh man those look hawt! Too bad I dont get them on teh Foz =/ That bronze looks sooo perfect on there though.

Those things are so sexy! Can't wait to see them on your Fozzie!
Unfortunately the Rotas are going on the Sti rather than the foz. But on the upside, I get the goldie BBS STIs on mine! Which I'm just as excited about!! =) Heres the bugeye STi they are off of =) I'm still just as excited!
[/URL][/IMG]
See less See more
What did I put on my 2010 FX today? Stuff I sorta needed.

Fog light kit..1 hour 9 ( no bumper removal or dash removal )

Aero Cross crossbars...15minutes

side body protection....25 minute

tail pipe extensions...5 minutes

rear bumper cover...5 minutes

Front license bracket...5 minutes

rear cargo tray...instantaneous...

money well spent??? maybe.
See less See more
Installed some shoulder pads and updated the navi to the latest version.
Took a picture of my car today...

New wheels/tint next.
Looks nice!
changed the oil to full synthetic!
This thread seems to be getting a little sticky if you know what I mean ;)
Made first tracks in 4-6" of fresh pow on the way home from work...crazy, considering that I washed it in shorts and a t-shirt on Sunday. Loving the new Geolanders too.
I put a catch can under the fuel lines to catch the drip...
I don't need it killing off the lawn
i installed my new sullivan racing pyramid pedal set :biggrin: and finally mounted the bracket for my CB radio, which is only temporary but still..
Drove to work. Drove to Costco. Drove back to work. Drove home.
Not today, but 2 days ago installed the Curt class III hitch and started the wiring for 7-pin.
Washed my Forester today! :biggrin: That makes it the second time since I bought it last year (June/09). Being retired now, I don't take it out on the road when it's rainy, so it stays clean. Just a quick dusting with a Griot's microfiber dust cloth a couple times a day & it stays perfectly clean. Much easier than washing it. :wink:

With it being Spring here in Oregon, by the time I washed the Forester & dried it off, it was coated with pollen! :mad:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal
Before & after:
/QUOTE]

Looks nice! Makes the tan interior much more noticable.
Took off the winter tires - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not too early.
It's heliski season in Alaska. Got a ride back to Adlersheim Lodge in Juneau to pick up the Foz. I left her out there when the helicopter pilot offered a ride for my 7-yr old and I back to the heliport :)
I ordered some new wheels for mine today. Still up in the air on tire choice.
Got back from Mexico after a week of driving a semi-automatic 2007 GM Chevy.
with an e-tronic tranny, What a POS tranny!!!

Can't wait to drive el Fox !!!
See less See more
Going to wash the damn thing. Again. Am I the only one that's driven crazy by pollen and dust on the tailgate of the foz?? grr. It's a never ending battle!
^^ Washed mine too after the muddy "incident" yesterday. :biggrin:
101 - 120 of 18556 Posts