Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
Took mine to work and back home... Then off on a trip down I-70 up to Pennsylvania (Planning to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water Tomorrow), aka the trip to Uniontown PA was nothing but amazing views from hill/mountain tops, forests, lakes, rivers, etc.... Definitely something I don't get to see from all the Commercial and business in MoCo Maryland...

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
Installed the Alpine Type S speakers in the rear's to match the front's, and re-tuned the amplifier to suit my tastes

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
Hit up Fitzgerald Subaru of Gaithersburg to get some maintenance work done. Pulled in, the greeter welcomed me, then a Subaru Mechanic and a Subaru Salesman walked up to me and said, "well this is a nice car... what is it?" When I responded that it was a Subaru Forester, they seem shocked and impressed at the same time. :chair:

Very knowledgable SUBARU Sales staff? You'd think they'd know what they have on their lots... especially the Forester being one of their biggest hits. And I BOUGHT this forester from THEM. :huh::confused:

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
^^Thats awesome :)

So to keep myself from getting rusty from not-working on subies, Im taking my moms 02 Impreza OBS and baking her headlights either tonight or tomorrow .lol. She doesn't understand what that means, but I told her it will look prettier when Im done (she asked me not to make it "pimpy" looking..haha :p) Now Im gonna hunt down the best deal on the Philips Silver turns..
^^ :icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown:<- At your Forester-less status.

Anyways... Fozzie's going nowhere today... darn rain! Tryna keep her clean :biggrin:

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
I know it was crazy,but that is the actual color name on the 2010 brochure,and the color swath looked the same as my Forester. I had to decode the the paint code on the passenger door to find out is was not Paprika. LOL.:rock:
Go Camellia Red Foresters!!!! Btw, All i did with my fozzie today was drive her around... the 2nd to last time I'll get the chance before goin on vacation for 3 weeks on wednesday... :icon_frown:

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
Got my Beefed up STi RSB and Bushings in the mail today..... time to see this "Night and Day" difference everyone is talking about in the 09+ Foresters... Hope I can feel the difference as its my daily driver to school, work, etc.

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
That looks great! How does it sound?
Thanks! It's pretty good. Noticeable bit of rumble when the car starts up. It rumbles a little at low rpms, higher rpms not as noticeable. It does drone a little bit though, more so when driving in economy mode then with manu-matic and sport shift mode. Overall, for the price i paid, I love it. Just enough rumble without sounding too loud, obnoxious, ricey, etc. and I LOVE the look.

· Registered
2009 Premium X AT
873 Posts
How much did that run you? Thats just what I've been looking for.
I paid $200 for the kit on ebay, and $700 for the install. I attempted on my own but failed miserably.

New Katzkin 09 13 Subaru Forester 2 5 x Leather Seat Cover Kit Set Black Ebony | eBay

That's the same listing i bought it from... looks like he's dropped the price, so I'd hurry and snatch'em up.

That looks like a fantastic install job; to the untrained eye, it'd never be obvious that the leather was added aftermarket.
Thanks! I had the professionals do it, I tried but after 3 hours on the driver seat, I couldn't take it anymore. Not enough time on my hands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts