Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Sprayed PB blaster all over the turbo in prep for removing it. Already have the whole intake manifold out. Probably getting the td04 rebuilt with a 19t wheel, adding a cheap downpipe, and getting it tuned when its all back together. Should be quite a bit more fun than it was on the old blown turbo!

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Washed/waxed it and didn't drive it lol.

Oh and took some HDR photos with my iPhone! omgawd x]

Oh oh and I took off all my decals omg!

What's this mean? Did you paint it or something?
Yeah sprayed it with black VHT header paint (except the bellmouth), so it doesn't stand out quite so much. I was surprised how nice the finish turned out, hopefully it holds up once on the car (still needs to be cured on the car too).

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Assembled my fuel rails and most of the intake manifold. Hoping that this samco turbo inlet tube will actually fit (its very tight to the pass side tgv motor, would fit perfect if the whole thing was about an inch longer).

Just have to check all the hose clamps on the fuel rails and then install the engine harness and it should be ready to install on the engine with the grimmspeed spacers.

Also got the turbo all ready, finally got the DP studs in the mail today, so it can now be installed on the uppipe (hopefully I can get the turbo inlet onto the turbo when I install the intake manifold with the turbo already in place). Double checked the P&L ss oil line, not 100% happy with fitment, but it -has- to work as the stock one is too bent up (and probably cracked now) to bolt to the turbo.

Hopefully first start will be friday or saturday.

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Reinstalled the intake manifold.

What a PITA trying to get the samco turbo inlet onto the turbo, had to make a mini "shoe horn" as the edge of the hose kept getting caught on the turbo instead of slipping over it.

Possibly the most satisfying moment when after 2 hours of wiggling it finally popped on.

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Dont tell me this, as I plan to swap my gimmick out this winter for the samco I have....:chair:
Supposedly the samco fits better than the gimmick. The edge of the hose on the underside just kept getting caught on the 16g's compressor inlet. I ended up bending some wire up to make an L that I could just stick between the hose and turbo and slide around the compressor inlet to pop it on. That combined with lots of wiggling finally got it in place. If you have your tgv's deleted it should be a piece of cake though as I had no wiggle room on the turbo side of the IM.

Also got the phenolic spacers on at the same time, ended up RTVing the upper gasket to the spacer as it kept moving out of place whenever I put the intake manifold in. With it RTVed it was much easier (could slide the intake manifold around ontop of it to get everything positioned correctly)

· Registered
none none
8,710 Posts
Found someone who'll trade '02 WRX wagon front/rear seats. Looking into the heater element install and rear seat install process.
Its a bit of a pain but not terrible. Just be careful not to rip the foam! I found using zip ties in place of hog rings (long zip ties) lets you tighten everything up better (you can have the "tail" of the zip tie sticking out so you can pull it tight even when you can't get your hand in to where the zip tie itself is located as you're putting the seat cover back on).

Totally worth it though, heated bugeye seats are AWESOME.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts