Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Super Moderator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
27,732 Posts
Helped Paul Eklund scout out the site for this weekend's Primitive Rally School, i.e. shenanigans in a muddy field that was specifically closed off just for our use. :biggrin:

Paul taking Subed for a spin in the dirt:

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Gotta love the versatility of our Subies... on Saturday we ripped it up on the rally-x course, on Sunday Subed hauled our fine art prints and sales booth supplies to a local art show. :biggrin:

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Added the tweeters to my 09X.. Nice.. Helped the 6 disk SRS I put in a while back..

Fellow that lives next to us came out to move his wifes car so he could get his car out.. Battery was dead.. So helped him get it started.. 05X Forester with original battery.. He then jumped into his car.. Battery was very low.. So Jumped it and got the started.. He is leaving for week so was going to leave wife, few week old baby and 1 1/2 year old with no car.. His wife is a Russian that he brought here a few years ago.. Her mother is here from Russia.. I told him to get to work (working these days is a big thing) and I would deal with the car .. So I put a new battery in their 05 X yesterday morning.. And they now have a car..

Snowdance

Flickr: snowdance38's Photostream
Kudos to you for helping out someone in need!

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Watched a guy in a utility truck slam his door into Subed's rear quarter panel. :chair:

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Got new-to-me rear knuckles and brand-new wheel bearings installed. Good to go for another 145k miles.

Hubby took Subed to his doctor (LIC Motorsports), so I missed out on meeting the president of Whiteline who was there from Australia.

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Subed finally got some new shoes yesterday... Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. The BFG G-Force Sports served us well and lasted over 40k!

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Uhhhhh.....that would look real good in my 2car garage Mike! ahem.......How about right under the floodlight! lol!
If you're in the market, I have a similar banner for sale. :biggrin:

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
303'd the rubber weatherstripping on Subed to protect against UV damage. Accidentally found that there are actually little rubber spacers glued inside the lip of the weatherstrip to seal against the top of the gusset. Of course I knocked one of them loose. I guess that means that I have to do the PVC hose mod now...

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Got baited and switched on an alignment job. ****ers will not get my business again.

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
how did THAT happen?

i'm about to head out and get the new wheels mounted, and i've got some specific alignment instructions i need them to follow.
Local tire shop gave us a coupon for a $50 alignment at this local shop. Went to make appointment and asked if they would do custom specs and still honor the coupon, and the guy said yes. When we went in for the alignment, there was a different dude there, and suddenly the custom specs were $50 on top of the coupon price. FTL...

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Turned Subed into a mobile photo studio that held all of our gear, the model, the make-up artist, and served as a power source for the lighting.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Topped off oil, adjusted tire pressure... ready for a little drive tomorrow. :lildevil:

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Changed Subed's oil after yesterday's romp through the twisties. After draining the old oil, I noticed that I had marked down the mileage of the last oil change on the filter. It read 135k. The odo now reads 146k. Oops... 11k between changes - I think I lost track of things for a little while there. :icon_redface:

Too bad I had already drained all the oil, or I would've taken a sample and sent it to Blackstone, just for grins and giggles.

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
Hmm, back on topic, guys? The above discussion is one for the tech forums...

· Super Moderator
27,732 Posts
remote started my forester in first and into the garage door . FAIL.
And that is why you don't install remote start systems in manual vehicles. I once witnessed a car wash/detail attendant almost getting his legs crushed between two vehicles in a very similar situation...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts