Paint chip size of a dime
Cracked plastic on mirror turn signal
Bulls eye dent on windshield

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
So many.

Someone clipped the edge of my rear bumper while I was parked at the GF's house. Denting the very edge, cracked the paint on the entire corner and left scrapes going all the way across the back of the bumper.

Also I have a multibay garage shared with other peopl ein the building. Maintenance parked their truck behind my bay, so I had to take a detour through the garage (none of my neighbors were there) and go out someone else's door, ended up clipping the front edge of my bumper for the first time ever here (especially narrow garage at a bad angle, all of them have the edges of the opening bashed up, but I had managed not to hit it until last week!)

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
- cracked windshield,
- dings,
- paint chips on the bumper (paint on plastic doesn't hold up as well),
- paint chips galore on hood (getting pelted by gravel on snowy roads sux),
- someone clipped the edge of my rear bumper too! dented the bumper, left a nasty scratch, and cracked the reflector.

·
Registered
2004 2.5xt
122 Posts
Lost the access panel for my oem skid plate
Lost both plastic pieces on the bottom front control arms at the same time.
Lost the passenger side front plastic mudflap thing
Lost some other plastic junk too i'm sure

this was all 2 weeks ago while blowing around in the snow by Wahtum Lake/Lost Lake area in Oregon

Good thing is i've got a big sheet of 3/8" aluminum laying around and going to try my buddies plasma cutter on it.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
I wouldn't know where to begin.
And it doesn't even snow here.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
A few small door dings, eh. Its bound to happen in a city like mine.

Then when i'm about to hook up the snowmobile trailer, I went a smudge to far back, just a smudge and kinda scratched the rear bumper. I got mad at my dad b/c he was guiding me. Duh, say stop and use the 3rd wheel to align it and drop it on the ball. :shrug:

Then the night before my next snowmobile trip, someone hit my driver rear side and pushed it in pretty good. Super pissed.

...Maybe my snowmobile is cursed.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTL
94 Posts
I've got a door ding in the passenger door that looks like bullet hole. :evilatyou:

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
658 Posts
A couple small dings in my hood from snow dropping off trees. A nice scrape on right side of my rear bumper from some idiot who hit me in the parking lot of Alpine Meadows Ski Resort. And your typical paint chips from daily driving.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
Additional paint dings to the hood
Paint scratches on the passenger and driver side
Paint chip size of a dime
Cracked plastic on mirror turn signal
Bulls eye dent on windshield
A scratched shifter bezel on my Forester. (the silver painted part)

Don't ask me how it happened.:huh:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh boy. 1st winter with Fozzie and lots of damage.

Backed into rear bumper with 4 wheeler while plowing snow.
Chipped windshield
Shattered mud flap while kicking off ice buildup.
Threw away my floormat that made my pedals stick like a toyota and now my floor is dirty.
And a few dents from flying snow and ice from other vehicles on the highway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh and had a huge buck run into the rear side of my car right next to my taillight and put a dent the size of a hammer hit. The deer got hit by the car behind me. And yes, we kept the meat.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XT
212 Posts
New door, Front Fender, Bumper, Headlight, Paint, Trim pieces, and other various parts.

Oh, and I got a broken windshield a week earlier.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
A windshield that looks like it took a shotgun blast. Paint is good though, thanks to the 3M film.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
And yes, we kept the meat.
:woohoo:

In Alaska, if you hit a moose, you are responsible to salvage the meat. Thankfully, the Alaska Moose Federation comes to get it and donates the meat to charities.

After hitting a moose, you likely aren't going to be in any shape to salvage anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts