Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

4961 - 4970 of 4970 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,987 Posts
As @MaineJon suggests, @Possiblefuturebuyer - don't freak out.

Some on here hate the orange trim on the Sport and it's something that is a pet peeve for some, not at all for others.
Some on here hate the seats - they're too flat, they have bolsters that are too big, the don't adjust enough... and more.
Some on here hate the radios - they're too loud, they don't turn off, they don't (or do) do this or that...
Some want a manual transmission - but yet, less than 5% of Forester buyers buy them.
Some want a turbo model - but yet less than 10% of Forester buyers buy these.

Pet Peeves are just that - singular dramas that one (or more) owners have and would change. Most (all?) have nothing to do with all of the Foresters out there... As in the other thread(s) you're been involved in, know that the Forester will be a fine choice for you and your family.

·
Registered
2020 metallic gray sport
156 Posts
4 days in....forester 2020 sport. Bought the car for 0% finance, good value, and better gas mileage.
rav4....smaller, finance charge...seemed like a better truck front end, but could only find a bug shield in England. I “thought” that the sub’s conventional hood would have more choices. Wrong.

Our highlander had 4 different manufactures for stone shields....I only see the forester OEM which has 20 rubber bumpers to install....there is another I have seen that only covers the middle third of the hood....so what’s the point.

The center console needs some testosterone. I’ve been to Japan 20 times....and they do have elbows, I’ve seen them! Maybe one container of tic-tacs fits in there..lol. Anyway, I can’t believe there isn’t a sliding arm rest after market for the 2019-2020.

Carid.com has basically nothing for subaru...

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 owner. My pet peeves:

• No direct support for Waze (access via Android Auto does not count)
  • I cannot use my phone with Android Auto with wired connection while my kids play music over BT.
  • When I stop the car to park it, the engine shuts off, which is expected. But then I put it in Park and the engine restarts. Why?!?!
  • No method to keep the auto engine shutoff disabled between drives.
  • Why does the volume level visual need to take over the whole screen, but when you change songs, it puts the song info in a tiny little box in the corner that is unreadable. This is just absolutely stupid UI design.
  • Speaking of stupid UI design: the symbols and colors on the display that show the status of the auto engine shutoff are totally screwed up. When I picked up my Forester, the salesman explained them to me without my even asking because he knew how screwed up they are.
  • The sound volume of files played from the USB drive are much lower than the radio volume. It's very annoying to turn off the engine and have the radio blast.
  • This may be an issue with Android Auto: the volume from Waze is so loud even when the media volume is low. Waze volume should be in proportion to the media volume.
  • There should be two cargo lamps, one each for the upper and lower areas. When the cargo privacy cover is in place, the upper light doesn't reach the lower area.
  • No good place to store the smartphone. This is unforgivable in a 2019 model. And no, the upper tray area does not count as a good place.
Overall, I still love the car (so far).

Mario

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,345 Posts
2019 owner. My pet peeves:
  • No method to keep the auto engine shutoff disabled between drives.
There is, but it cost 99 bucks:

·
Registered
2020 metallic gray sport
156 Posts
I’m must be really cheap.....I would rather start the car with one button push, and then immediately do another button push (AS/S system)....rather than install some aftermarket “fix.”

I just don’t understand the issue....I mean I think the AS/S stinks...and it would be nice not to have to push a second button.....but I’m also moving the car into gear....looking around, etc.....it is called “driving.”

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
759 Posts
This thread is comical. Why not post your peeves and how you fix it and stop whining.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x AT
160 Posts
Wheel bearings that need replacing between 50-100k miles. Lack of useful options on basic Forester.

4961 - 4970 of 4970 Posts