Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

4941 - 4944 of 4944 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Homelink

I forgot to mention one from my '19 Sport: the Homelink garage door opener range is weak, at least compared to my old Sienna. I used to be able to open or close the garage door from a house or two away, but with the Forester, I have to be right near the door to get it to work, especially for closing the door after driving out of the garage. I have resorted to using one of the garage remote openers inside the Forester, just like it was 1993.
I have a similar issue with my 2019 Forester Touring. Homelink will open the garage door from inside the garage in my apartment building, but when I drive to the outside it will not close the door. The original remote works fine (and from a greater distance than the Homelink when inside the garage) and it does not need to have direct line of sight to the motor. Is there a way to boost the signal of Homelink? My main reason for getting Homelink was to ditch the bulky remote but now I have to use it anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my 2019 great CarPlay great center console, granted the new OB is larger but i love my forester as well love the driver alert and integrated memory seat and mirrors
@columnshift you’re not missing anything with the larger screen on the new outback, when you’re connected to android auto or Apple CarPlay it only uses a 6.5 inch on the diagonal section of the screen.

4941 - 4944 of 4944 Posts