Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

4921 - 4940 of 4970 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
3 Posts
I haven't heard that complaint before about music fading in and out with Android Auto. I use AA extensively in my '19 and I've never had that issue. I also have various rental cars 1-2x a month for work and use AA in those each time and have not had the music fade in or out ever. That is with OnePlus and Google Pixel phones using Google Play music through AA primarily.

I have a 2019 Forester Premium use AA every minute I am in the car and never had an issue with anything fading out. That is with a Google Pixel phone. Instead of saying "Hey Google" you can also hold down the voice button on the steering wheel to prompt the phone to start listening for a command to send a text message or whatever.

My wife has a 2018 Forester Premium and it works the same way, except she is running AA on her actual phone with a phone mount and it works the same way I believe with her Galaxy S9.

I am a huge fan of AA and never had any issues with it in my 2018 Civic Si or my 2019 Forester.

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
804 Posts
I've thought of a genuine peeve of mine, that's the 2006/7 Forester XT navigation screen is now basically redundant due to it not having an update. Now it's just basically my clock/time/date screen.

The upside is that after seeing the efforts of others, I'm inspired to remove it and replace it with a tablet which I can link all up to Torque etc... just haven't the balls or the pennies to start that project yet..

·
Registered
1 Posts
17' Forester 2.5 base Rear wheel bearings

My 17' Forester was just recently diagnosed with both rear wheel bearings gone bad. Only 27000 miles on them. Subaru changed them out on the warranty but i'm hoping this will not be an ongoing issue.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
17 Posts
My 17' Forester was just recently diagnosed with both rear wheel bearings gone bad. Only 27000 miles on them. Subaru changed them out on the warranty but i'm hoping this will not be an ongoing issue.
Jjm79, I got a 14 Forester xt and I tried replacing the front wheel bearing myself (48k miles) bad as soon as I drove it home (didn’t test drive it on the highway like an idiot). So replaced it and it never felt right since. Getting it replaced this Monday, should have just had the dealer the first time but I’m having them check the rear wheel bearing too because I swear that one was bad too. They told me my tires were chopped though so that could be the 40+ mph road noise I’m hearing, it has diminished since the tire rotation 1k miles ago. Just thought I would share that’s my pet peeve to surprisingly, the wheel bearings. My turbos not currently working right either so that’s another one. Why can’t any vehicle just work properly past 100k anymore? It’s really tragic and distressing.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Jjm79, I got a 14 Forester xt and I tried replacing the front wheel bearing myself (48k miles) bad as soon as I drove it home (didn’t test drive it on the highway like an idiot). So replaced it and it never felt right since. Getting it replaced this Monday, should have just had the dealer the first time but I’m having them check the rear wheel bearing too because I swear that one was bad too. They told me my tires were chopped though so that could be the 40+ mph road noise I’m hearing, it has diminished since the tire rotation 1k miles ago. Just thought I would share that’s my pet peeve to surprisingly, the wheel bearings. My turbos not currently working right either so that’s another one. Why can’t any vehicle just work properly past 100k anymore? It’s really tragic and distressing.
Was this a recent purchase? If so you really should have checked everything prior and if it’s not working the dealer should be on the hook for repairs so soon after the purchase.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
205 Posts
SOLVED AA sound fluctuating, and message from Google Play Music not working right now

First, thank you all for your replies. I have solved the issue.

One of the articles I read online said that this problem seemed to occur mostly with Samsung and some other brand that I can't remember right now. I must have some additional app or feature turned on thats was causing the issue.

The Phone I'm using is a Samsung S9 Note running Pie, and the 2019 Forester Touring.

What was happening was the sound in Android Auto (AA) would rise and fall from ANY sound app (I tried them all). This would happen whether or not I was using a Nav app.

The solution turned out to be using the "Do Not Disturb" feature of the phone. You can set the Do Not Disturb function to allow favorite contacts to call and each app can be setup to individually to ignore the do not disturb.

So anyone else having this problem, here's another thing to try.

Thanks Joshua Smith for your reply, that actually helped me narrow it down (I'm an old IT guy).

I have a 2019 Forester Premium use AA every minute I am in the car and never had an issue with anything fading out. That is with a Google Pixel phone. Instead of saying "Hey Google" you can also hold down the voice button on the steering wheel to prompt the phone to start listening for a command to send a text message or whatever.

My wife has a 2018 Forester Premium and it works the same way, except she is running AA on her actual phone with a phone mount and it works the same way I believe with her Galaxy S9.

I am a huge fan of AA and never had any issues with it in my 2018 Civic Si or my 2019 Forester.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
23 Posts
2019 Forester Windshield Replacement and Eyesight Recalibration. Just paid $1030.16 for the windshield and waiting on the recalibration if the eyesight that cost another $399.00. I called Subaru USA and as good will the will reimbursement me, this one time only, because I have had my 2 oil changes done at a Subaru Dealership. I already had an appointment for the 3rd oil change today. I didnt think I would have Mercedes Benz prices when I traded in my MB to this new Subaru. I still HATE the seats. The husbands 2013 GMC Sierra 3500 HD is a much more comfortable rude for the long drives between the Gulf of Mexico and Michigan 20190711_063241_1562844762212_1563825408298.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
62 Posts
I've thought of a genuine peeve of mine, that's the 2006/7 Forester XT navigation screen is now basically redundant due to it not having an update. Now it's just basically my clock/time/date screen.

The upside is that after seeing the efforts of others, I'm inspired to remove it and replace it with a tablet which I can link all up to Torque etc... just haven't the balls or the pennies to start that project yet..
Since you mention Torque, you might want to consider replacing the Head Unit with an Android-based system. Here's a post I made a while back. The HU I bought is no longer available, but there are similar units available.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...ml#post7234849

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
62 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium
78 Posts
I have a small list of annoyances:

Bigger wheels are needed to get any better tires.

100mph for any kind of distance is uncomfortable due to wind and gearing.

No vital gauges like boost and oil pressure. Even DSM's get that.

Vibrating hood at high speeds. I can literally never look at the speedo and know how fast I'm going, so I guess that's a plus?

That's about it. It's a great car.
Really, 100 MPH! Are you kidding or just nuts! That speed isn't safe in most cars on the road today and certainly not in a Subaru.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
23 Posts
My 2018 just makes too many noises for an almost new vehicle. And has been making them since very soon after I got it brand-new. But the real pet peeve is the dealership service departments telling me over and over that they just don't hear anything when they test drive it. Right. Bet their ears suddenly start working once the warranty runs out!

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt
72 Posts
I love my 2019 great CarPlay great center console, granted the new OB is larger but i love my forester as well love the driver alert and integrated memory seat and mirrors

·
Registered
2019 Forester touring Cvt
11 Posts
I feel like Subaru in general issues very cheap parts. Paint job ultra thin chips so easily. The auto start stop is horrible especially since start up is a rumble to begin with. Rattles and squeaks. The inability to permanently turn off auto stop. The driver attention feature is nice but it’s not accurate and can be annoying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bluetooth seems to skip a lot when I have the phone mounted up near the head unit. Fine if it’s sitting on the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
23 Posts
2019 I love my Forrester but Hate the seats!

7 months and over 13,000 miles and I HATE the seats. I drive often for work, recently between my home in Michigan and my work in Southern Alabama. I have only made the entire drive once in one day, all others I have made it a 2 day trip. I could not take the back pain and stopped to get a cheap "massaging cushion". While that does help the drive is not pain free. I thought it was just the long drive until last week when I drove my husbands GMC Sierra 3500 dually home to get the tailgate wrap I had ordered over a year ago, (surprise for him but it took a bit to get photos of our property that he liked and would work for the wrap), the pain in back and tailbone were no where near the pain (in truck more like discomfort instead of pain) I have when I drive the Forrester. If I had known how uncomfortable the seat would be I should have just gotten a smaller Mercedes. Are aftermarket seats available for the 2019 Forester? :frown2:
Update: I think the seats just needed to be broken in. After 23000 miles the comfort has improved dramatically.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The ignition key reminder alert / panic attack noise ffs a simple “dong” would be great, not a terminal alarm clock anxiety beep assault

·
Registered
09 (SH) Premium X, 03 (SG) 2.5XS
25 Posts
Rod Knock !!!!
Both my 03 and 09 developed this -my 03 still needs a new block, but my 09 got a new block at 213,000 miles

Also the seatbelt chime on the 09...it's really annoying for driving around the grassy hills of Kentucky

Also my 09 radio screen is dark, still works I just can't tell what it's doing.

Also the rear view mirrow of the 09 Forester goes out... the replacement mirror/ compass also didn't work. Finally I fixed it by putting the compass/ Mirror of an 03 Forester 2.5XS, that mirror STILL DOES work great!!

4921 - 4940 of 4970 Posts