Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok just with the airbag light being on i thought i would give the manaul light read thing ago,

only to note that the new-age foz only has green wires under the dash,
but i found these wires unplugged in the foot well by the accelerator pedal
are they meant to be unplugged? and what are they?

i plugged the green ones in and got three codes but i think that's coz its in test mode!!?
p1518 Starter switch circuit low input
p0852 Neutral Switch Input Circuit High
p0502 Vehicle speed sensor low speed

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
It's probably not the same on SG's, but on my SF I have a similar pair that allow the 'reprogramming' of the key when connected.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No mate that don't give me any codes to read just constant flashing coz it's on test mode not error reporting :( have to go to stealers

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
You can only get the codes if you have a code reader as yours is OBD compliant

Connecting the greens just sends it into test mode and cycles various relays/solenoids

As Telemarker says they are for the "Keyless Entry" system. Leave disconnected.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a code reader don and ive tried two others but cant get any info on the airbag light
as the Forester Airbag system was not connected to the diagnostics until 2006 before that you had to flash out the codes using the block connector and earthing spades under the steering column and i have no idea how to do that ?

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
OK, didn't twig it was for airbags.......

Have you downloaded the airbag diagnosis section from here?
http://www.subaru-car.ru/for4/for4_body_4.pdf

Under the dash "in a group" you have the green test plugs a black multi-plug (B82) , a clear multi-plug and the two ground connectors (B81).

You should be using the black multiconnector plug (B82) and the ground connectors as per page AB31 of above document :biggrin:

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
If you were on this side of the pond I'd say it was for the Passive arming of the alarm system, at leas that's what they look like here. Not positive over there though.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just back from the dealers , they say it's a faulty sensor in the side airbag on the drivers seat, but would have to bring it back to strip the seat down to confirm it . Also said that if I drive it with the airbag light on for to long with out getting it fixed soon I would need a new Ecu as the internal batt would be dead and the Ecu would be too!!!!?
Never heard that one before ?

So I'll have to leave it back sooner than later , tho I wanted to wait till after the wedding

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get this: I went to pick up the car from them and they told me that when they were putting it all back together they found the problem..... A broken wire under drivers seat and fixed it for me *

130euro *

but hey it's fixed now *

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
A broken wire under drivers seat and fixed it for me *

130euro *

but hey it's fixed now *
Lighter, stronger, faster... or something like that (I mean your wallet of course...)

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Get this: I went to pick up the car from them and they told me that when they were putting it all back together they found the problem..... A broken wire under drivers seat and fixed it for me *

130euro *

but hey it's fixed now *
I hope they "fixed it" correctly............

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts