Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 FXT Premium
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics appreciated!

Hi, everyone. I'm new here and interested in the '16 XT. For the life of me, I can't quite decide which color I like best.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,185 Posts
welcome!!!!

for me, after owning a couple subies...and being around even more, i was tired of the base 3-4 colors they always have/you see the most... and wanted to switch it up. so i went with one of the "wildcard" colors on my 2011.

don't know what colors the 2016 will be in but ive always been a fan of Java Black Pearl. don't know if that'll be the black color you can get, but if so..check it out... it's nice,esp in the sun!

don't know if it's still the case, but at least for the era of mine...the colors are dividied up depending on interior colors/trim package. maybe that's diff now, but that helped me decide on color as well as they all went hand in hand.

has it been released yet as far as the exact color codes for 2016?
either way...have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i
342 Posts
while it looks blue during the day, at night it turns purple which is not very appealing

if you don't like a purple look at night, avoid the Quartz Blue. if i could re-do it, i would have gone with black

·
Registered
2015 Forester Touring 2.5 CVT
1,317 Posts
Pics appreciated!

Hi, everyone. I'm new here and interested in the '16 XT. For the life of me, I can't quite decide which color I like best.
My '15 is Burnished Bronze (or something like that), and I believe is one of the less popular colors. But I really like it. It stays fairly cool in the summer and doesn't show dirt very much, unless it's extremely dirty (except the wheels). And it looks good when it's washed and waxed. It has the black interior which you might not like for summer heat, but I don't find it to be a problem, and it's pretty hot and humid where I live.

Of course, color choice depends on what the owner likes, not somebody else.

Go with the Touring trim if you can afford it. It has all the little niceties like HID lights (that's a big plus), nicer radio, nicer wheels, push-button start, etc. And I think it must have more sound deadening material in it, based on what I see posted here. My car is very quiet.

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus Wagon 5 speed manual
463 Posts
if i could re-do it, i would have gone with black
Black is the worst color for a car. Not only is it boring, but it shows every scratch/swirl, shows every speck of dirt, and gets hot as crap in the summer.

·
Registered
2016 FXT Premium
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks...

My current car is black and my last car was also black. What I've learned is it gets dirty fast, swirl marks are very visible, and with my current old POS, oxidized paint looks particularly terrible on black.

I really liked the bronze when I saw it at the dealership. It was actually the color that made me seriously consider the Forester over the WRX. However, I worry about a) how much I'll like it for the entirety of the ownership window, and b) whether it's 'sporty' enough.

I'm leaning towards white or silver... think I like silver more but we just bought my mom a silver Crosstrek so the redundancy would suck.

Let's see some new colors, Subaru!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks...

My current car is black and my last car was also black. What I've learned is it gets dirty fast, swirl marks are very visible, and with my current old POS, oxidized paint looks particularly terrible on black.

I really liked the bronze when I saw it at the dealership. It was actually the color that made me seriously consider the Forester over the WRX. However, I worry about a) how much I'll like it for the entirety of the ownership window, and b) whether it's 'sporty' enough.

I'm leaning towards white or silver... think I like silver more but we just bought my mom a silver Crosstrek so the redundancy would suck.

Let's see some new colors, Subaru!
I've had my bronze for about 8 months now and still like it. It looks pretty "dressy" when it's nice and clean. Admittedly, I wasn't worried about whether it was sporty or not ... after all, it's 4-banger SUV/Crossover with about 170 hp. I just wanted something with plenty of room, was reliable, had good features, had AWD, and got good gas mileage. I have a Corvette for sporty. :smile2:

As far as other colors ... Subaru seems to have some pretty unique ones, e.g., the green. You don't see many other cars with that color.

·
Registered
2016 FXT Premium
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had my bronze for about 8 months now and still like it. It looks pretty "dressy" when it's nice and clean. Admittedly, I wasn't worried about whether it was sporty or not ... after all, it's 4-banger SUV/Crossover with about 170 hp. I just wanted something with plenty of room, was reliable, had good features, had AWD, and got good gas mileage. I have a Corvette for sporty. :smile2:

As far as other colors ... Subaru seems to have some pretty unique ones, e.g., the green. You don't see many other cars with that color.

Haha that explains it... they don't make the XT in bronze! So it's not sporty by design, lol.

Yeah, they have some interesting colors on the Crosstrek but not as many for their more popular vehicles. I would love to see a WR Blue on the Forester, for example.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Haha that explains it... they don't make the XT in bronze! So it's not sporty by design, lol.

Yeah, they have some interesting colors on the Crosstrek but not as many for their more popular vehicles. I would love to see a WR Blue on the Forester, for example.
Ha. So bronze isn't sporty by definition, at least in the US. Dang! :|

Do they have a red (real red, not burgundy)? Red is always sporty. And I like the dark gray, but that doesn't seem all that sporty either. I guess they really do need to expand the color selection, especially on the XT's.

When you mentioned "white", is it the pearl white? My wife's car is that color and we really like it. I think GM calls it "White Diamond Tricoat" or something of the sort. So a pearl white XT would look really good.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
When you mentioned "white", is it the pearl white? My wife's car is that color and we really like it. I think GM calls it "White Diamond Tricoat" or something of the sort. So a pearl white XT would look really good.
Satin white pearl from Subaru is similar to the white diamond tricoat from GM.

·
Registered
2016 FXT Premium
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not in the US, but several members in other countries have XTs in BB and they look very nice.
Good to know! I'm going to Google that; bet it looks sweet with the alloys.

Ha. So bronze isn't sporty by definition, at least in the US. Dang! :|

Do they have a red (real red, not burgundy)? Red is always sporty. And I like the dark gray, but that doesn't seem all that sporty either. I guess they really do need to expand the color selection, especially on the XT's.

No, unfortunately no red either! Not a big fan of the burgundy color. Yeah, for people interested in either light or dark colors (not both), there aren't too many viable choices on the XT.

White is the "Satin White Pearl," yeah. I really like it. In fact, another user here posted the attached picture and I can't get over how nice it looks with the darker rims. But then I imagine silver would also look pretty great in a similar make-up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
No complaints so far, except for some rattles. I drive on some pretty bad roads though, so any vehicle I get will develop rattles.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i
342 Posts
Black is the worst color for a car. Not only is it boring, but it shows every scratch/swirl, shows every speck of dirt, and gets hot as crap in the summer.
i don't care about any of that. i didn't buy a Forester to look pretty. i bought a Forester to haul stuff. it's why I didn't buy any of those stupid insurance protection packages and it's why my car wash consists of either me just hosing it down or getting the bare bones $8.99 car wash mainly to have the undercarriage cleaned off. it's also why I got the base model 2.5i. I would have gotten it as complete base stock but had to get the alloy wheel package for the rails...again, to haul stuff. sure I could have had fixed feet, but I need the adjustability.

I would take black with dirt, heat in summer, and swirls any day over having a vehicle that when the sun goes down, takes the color hue of those modded 1990's Toyota Celicas. it looks atrocious at night

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Boring? To each their own.

To a lot of people, black is considered a luxury color. It's the best looking color when its all shined up and cleaned but the worst when its dirty (obviously). It's a love/hate relationship for me but when my black foz is all cleaned up it puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus Wagon 5 speed manual
463 Posts
i don't care about any of that. i didn't buy a Forester to look pretty.
Then why do you wish it was black? >:)

Anyways, one of the nice things about neutral colors (white, silver, gray) is that you can really race things up by plastidipping (or powdercoat!) your wheels something awesome, like orange!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts