Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read about the earthquake on the West Coast, is everyone okay?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,940 Posts
"The 7.2 quake struck just after at 3:30 p.m. local time, and was centered 16 miles south-southwest of Guadalupe Victoria in Baja California, Mexico, and about 108 miles east-southeast of Tijuana, according to the U.S. Geological Survey."

We didn't feel a thing here in Oregon.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
CNN says there was a 4.1 quake here in Santa Rosa too, but I didn't feel a thing. :shrug:

Edit: I realized why I didn't notice... Roo and I were heading through the twisties on the Hopland Grade (Hwy 175) when it happened. :lol:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Felt it pretty good in northeast Orange County. Very steady and unusual back and forth motion. Lasted a solid minute.
No damage or injuries around us.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports
41 Posts
i was in laguna beach eating at a thai restaurant when i noticed the water fishtank next to me moving. it was a good rolling motion. lasted about 30 seconds... longer than usual. was centered in baja. so i doubt any major damage here in so cal.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
So-Cal deserts get some pretty hardcore temblors. Luckily, not too much around.

I remember another 7.0 mag somewhere in the Mojave about 10 years ago too.

Trouble is, it's been a while since I felt any here at home. Scary. Lots of small ones okay...no small ones means big one--not okay. :eek:

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
was in the cerritos area when it happened.. didnt feel a thing while parking in our suv but felt it right away as soon as we got out.. felt a little like standing on a canoe but nothing too serious.. stood right next to our truck for about 20 seconds till it went away then went into the store..

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
I cannot believe you Californians live on one of the biggest fault lines in the world, and just sit there saying "yeah, felt that one. It was only a 7.2." :crazy:

·
Registered
2010 Forester(sold 11/12) Manual
49 Posts
I cannot believe you Californians live on one of the biggest fault lines in the world, and just sit there saying "yeah, felt that one. It was only a 7.2." :crazy:
San Jose, California here. "Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today."

I think most areas have some risk of disasters. Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, locusts... Here it is just a little vibration from mother Earth. :rock:

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Haha my girl yelled down from upstairs, "You're holding onto the TV, aren't you?"

This is the third earthquake in two years and I always jump up to make sure the TV doesn't fall (haven't secured it yet) :lol:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Not just one, a whole network everywhere. I used to live in the Eureka area in the far northern area of the state. Imagine a place where 3 tectonic plates come together... the North American Plate, the Pacific Plate, and the Gorda Plate. It's called the Mendocino Triple Junction. Talk about earthquakes being a monthly occurrence. You get used to it very quickly, although I knew a few newcomers to the area who couldn't handle it and wound up moving away. It's not so bad in a lightly populated area, IMHO... I'd just hate to be in a large city for those kinds of temblors.

Mendocino Triple Junction Offshore Northern California

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Didn't feel anything. I haven't felt an earthquake in many years, maybe 7 years or so. I kind of miss it :icon_confused:

Stan

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Haha want another 6.9? That was our last major one in '89 wasn't it? I can't remember any others.

·
Registered
2008 XT Limited 4EAT
414 Posts
Easter was at our place and no one felt a thing. A couple gallons of water got shaken out of the pool though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts