Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking Forester & a great start on your Member Journal! :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]
Thanks! You were my inspiration to start the journal. :biggrin:

Good to see some advance planning to your mods.

There use to be a commercial where the catch phrase was "you can pay me know or pay me later" or don't pay at all http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f98/thank-you-skid-plate-73041/

That may help you prioritize some of your mods now. Protect your investment.
Thanks for the eye opener. I knew that's something that had to happen eventually. I just nearly tore it off a couple days ago, so with that incident plus your comment, skid plate is batting 1.000.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,380 Posts
Thanks! You were my inspiration to start the journal. :biggrin:
Thanks! Keep in mind that MODding your Forester can be addictive. :wink:

Thanks for the eye opener. I knew that's something that had to happen eventually. I just nearly tore it off a couple days ago, so with that incident plus your comment, skid plate is batting 1.000.
Our Foresters never leave the road, so we run our Foresters with no engine under covers. If we were into off roading, we'd have a metal skid plates. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Exterior Detail, Bumper Cover, and New PZEV Badge

This afternoon was a busy one with all the work on the Foz. It was time to finally give Roo the wash and wax he deserved, so my first stop was over at Target to pick up some car washing stuff and finish off my car wash product selection.

My products:
1. Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Meguiars Clay Bar
3. Meguiars Quik Detailer
4. Meguiars Cleaner Wax
5. Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray
6. 5 Microfiber Shammy's
7. Microfiber Wash Mit
8. 2 Wax Applicator Pads
9. Red Bucket

I spent about 3 hours in a muggy Georgia afternoon first washing, then claying, then waxing every square inch of the Foz. It was brutally humid and tiring but I couldn't be happier with the end results. A quick onset thunderstorm forced me to zip into the garage, but sometime tomorrow, I'll freshen'er up with some Quik Detailer and hit the tires again, and I'll make some real pictures.

[PICTURE(S) OF DETAIL HERE]

Then I wiped the wax right off my bumper and put the new bumper cover on...

...And replaced my PZEV badge.

·
Administrator
36,380 Posts
That bumper cover looks good on the dark gray bumper! :cool: I didn't care for it on my WRB bumper, so when I had the bumper skin replaced, I opted to leave it off. I figure if my bumper gets scratched up, then I'd add the bumper cover. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That bumper cover looks very nice on your dark grey bumper! :cool: I didn't care for it on my WRB bumper, so when I had the bumper skin replaced, I opted to leave it off. I figure if my bumper gets scratched up, then I'd add the bumper cover. :wink:

Bobby...

Yeah, it seems to match really well on the gray. I figured with a lawn mower rolling in and out of that cargo area twice a week, it would be stupid not to have it. Resultingly though, it looks awesome. Function>Form? Nah.

·
Administrator
36,380 Posts
It sounds like your installation went smoothly. I remember reading threads where the installer slipped & it stuck on off center! :icon_eek:

Curious... why the new PZEV badge? :confused:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kinda hard to see... you got the paint too shiny! :wink: Were you able to get a free replacement PZEV badge? :confused:

Bobby...

Yeah, it's pretty darn shiny. You'll have to take my word for it. The "chrome" paint on the badge was falling off and it just looked like crap. And yes, when we bought the car, I mentioned that I loved everything about the car, but was disappointed about the badge. The dealer really wanted me to leave happy so they filed an order for a new one - free of charge. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 580 Posts