Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
761 - 780 of 1002 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Dyno tune is the only way I will go. Why cheap out and save a couple hundred dollars and chance a $3k engine? Get your mods planned out, and get a quality tune. We have ran VF power that has ran 12.9's for over 5 years with no engine issues thanks to a quality tune.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,371 Posts
Perhaps those that are happy with a E-tune can't get a dyno protune? Quality tuners aren't always easy to find locally. :confused:

If you're willing to invest the big bucks for the power MOD parts, what's a few more bucks for a dyno protune? :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
41,371 Posts
That would be on the spendy side. :icon_eek: Perhaps the going rate has gone up that much? :confused:

I've been told the tuner that did my dyno protune is one of the best in the country. :cool:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 XT Limited 6-spd's of Wonder and Amazeballs!
2,762 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
2,815 Posts
I wouldn't mind an e-tune but the one gripe I have with them is that the tuner can't physically feel the car and know how it's reacting.

·
Registered
2009 X Limited 4EAT
605 Posts
You guys are lucky to be located where you are. There's very little Subaru aftermarket support in the southeast.
There is all kinds of aftermarket support in the southeast, just need to look, charlotte is a great one. I paid 525 for a speed density tune and the same tuner charges 475 for MAF tunes.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
There is all kinds of aftermarket support in the southeast, just need to look, charlotte is a great one. I paid 525 for a speed density tune and the same tuner charges 475 for MAF tunes.
Are you talking Charlotte, NC? That's about 4.5 hours from me.
I haven't heard much of anything good about anyone in ATL unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
I have both a dyno tune and an e-tune. I run the e-tune more regularly as it's for the much more abundant (in Canada at least) 91octane while the other tune is for 93+
I have a number of good local tuners within a 2-3hour drive of here, and a couple hacks within that same range.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
I'm not down on dyno tuning. Just that due to my circumstances an etune might work better. We'll have to see what happens when the time comes. I welcome any recommendations in PM for tuners around Atlanta or Greenville, SC.

·
Administrator
41,371 Posts
Nothing wrong going with an E-tune if it works for you. I'd recommend getting it from a shop that also does dyno protunes. That way if you have issues, you could make a trip to the tuner for some "fine" tuning. :wink:

Bobby...

761 - 780 of 1002 Posts