Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stuck on a size. I went with a 225/60-16. They had 225/55-16s but considering I spend most of my time at the dragstrip, I wanted to get something that would allow me to stay in 4th gear after a few mods. The tire calculator said that it would get to about 101mph with the 55s and the gearing in the FXT at 6500 rpm. That isn't going to be enough. I also plan on running the Texas Mile (Standing start mile for top speed) at some point so the taller tires should allow some room for that.

No real initial feedback since it's a drizzling rain out. They do ride a bit rougher but I was expecting that. They seem a bit quieter than the stock Geos as well.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
"Texas Mile", huh? I've never thought about that -- does this imply that cars don't come up to full speed (or hit the speed limiter or whatever) within a mile?

On full throttle, after all, anything with any performance at all will get going right along in a quarter-mile -- very probably not full speed, but over half-way there, I'd think.

Is there something I'm missing? Thanks, HPH

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most don't from a standing start, so I'm told by people who have done it.

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
depends on the gearing. One of the 22b guys Impreza was still accellerating at the 1 1/4 mi timing mark @ 207mph last year...

Steve

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
...still accellerating at the 1 1/4 mi timing mark @ 207mph...
So much for the speed limiter theory. And that was some pumped-up Impreza, I reckon, with seriously tall gears.

I guess all those flat, straight, empty Texas roads lead to this sort of thing, huh? HPH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts