Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife's been saying how she wished we'd have got an SH instead of the 08.
Have thought about it but not too seriously.

Took her 08 in for a squeak in the rear suspension,they say it's the rear driver side top hat and will replace under warranty.

Start talking too the salesman who sold it to me and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
So I'm now the proud owner of a 2010 Forester X limited.
(the limited part is the roof rails and mags instead of steelie's)

The color is Sage green but it don't look green to me (or the wife) it looks kinda slate grey/granite.

Will post better pics tomorrow.
(wife is still tickled to death)

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Congrats! Looks exactly like mine, the Sage Green one I picked up last Friday, except mine does look green...I must say you have wonderful taste. : )

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
^ Well, the cars are made for different markets, and even made in different countries. For instance, my OB is White Birch instead of Aspen White (Forester color). Fozzies are made in Japan, Legacies and Outbacks (Tribeca too) in the US.

That's my guess, anyway. I could be wrong. :smile:

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Yeah that would be a 2.5X Special Edition, not a Limited. Still those are sweet though. The SE package fixed everything that sucked about the 2.5X.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Regarding the Sage Green Metallic versus Cypress Green on the Outback, there's no particular reason they have two different greens I don't think-

-the Sage Green is like the SH Forester's signature color, and I love it, for being a person that doesn't like green too much. as the original poster noted, under different levels of light it has a cool morphing thing where it can look gunmetal or even blue.

The Cypress Green, I thiiiiink was probably meant to evoke memories of the original Outbacks from the late 90's, that shade of green was by far the most popular color for those years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts