Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went down to the dealership to put in a application as a Driver..need something part time that easy in retirement..the job I took SEEMED good till I started doing it and its kicking my butt! Assembly line work lol..looked "easy" when you see people sitting around putting stuff together...I was like..I can do that! then actually DOING it for a 10 hour shift is something totally different....so anyways I was looking for a easier part time job..Neighbor told me he did the driver thing and liked it so I went to put in for it

The place was a beehive of activity...I saw a guy that did the test drive with me Monday he said they were closing down because of the Corona thing for at least 2 weeks...only thing that would be open was Service dept...so guess no sales for a while at least around here :(

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
14 Posts
I put a deposit down on Feb 28 for Sport that was delivered on 3/12. I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow, but the dealer is closed for 2 weeks. I cancelled my deposit and now I will have to wait.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,296 Posts
Hoping there will be some deals in the near future in the industry. Guess we will see how she goes

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
78 Posts
The place was a beehive of activity...I saw a guy that did the test drive with me Monday he said they were closing down because of the Corona thing for at least 2 weeks...only thing that would be open was Service dept...so guess no sales for a while at least around here
In PA, the sales operation is not deemed a life sustaining business and must be closed by 8pm tonight. Multiple states have already or are going to follow suit.

Reactions: CBennett69

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put a deposit down on Feb 28 for Sport that was delivered on 3/12. I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow, but the dealer is closed for 2 weeks. I cancelled my deposit and now I will have to wait.
wake up and smell the 0 interest 63 month loan. They did you a big favor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some dealerships are doing home delivery now.
Thats cool I guess. I know ive done some goofy stuff getting a car...for instance when the new WRX came out I wanted one..Put a deposit down, thing was the dealers thought they may arrive around Memorial Day...that came and went never got them at end of June they finally said they really had no idea when they would come...I got my deposit back...started looking. I found a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 AWD..got that..funny thing was I found it at a dealership over near Pittsburgh..thats a goodly distance almost 4 hours 1 way..So I called about it..they said how about we meet you 1/2 way.. We agreed on a price - my trade..I had a 2006 Sonata at the time..they had me take pictures and stuff...we met off route 80 in PA in the parking lot of a mall actually a Taco Bell place that was in the mall parking lot and signed the paperwork on the trunk of the car in a Taco Bell parking lot..they took my car/trade in back with them I took the Charger back home lol.
BTW other than a Taurus SHO back in 2001 that Charger was the best most fun car I ever had ;)

So it rally doesn't surprise me a lot they would be doing this just to try to make SOME $$ during this BS!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
160 Posts
My dealership in western Chicago suburbs emailed that you can buy the car online and they will deliver it. I wonder how they will assess trade-ins? Additionally, the service department is open. And for those who can't or won't travel, they can pick it up and bring it back.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
78 Posts
A lot of dealers now assess trade-ins using the KBB system so it's a bit easier for them to come up with a number assuming the buyer accurately describes any issues and damage. It's a commercial version of the same trade-in calculator that any of us can access on the KBB public site. The trade number would obviously be contingent on the trade vehicle actually being as described by the owner...

Reactions: CBennett69

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lot of dealers now assess trade-ins using the KBB system so it's a bit easier for them to come up with a number assuming the buyer accurately describes any issues and damage. It's a commercial version of the same trade-in calculator that any of us can access on the KBB public site. The trade number would obviously be contingent on the trade vehicle actually being as described by the owner...
True, When I got that Charger R/T AWD back in 2013 or 14 cant remember now...we met the guys from the dealership 1/2 way and signed the paperwork for the deal on the trunk of the car in a Taco bell parking lot...For my tradein they asked for pictures of VIN,Odometer and a overall outside/inside condition I think I sent them about 12 pictures..we agreed on the value and that was that..when we did the deal all the guys that brought the Charger from around Pittsburgh all they did was walk around the car quick to make sure it wasnt a different car and all that...but that was about it.. value was all decided by "book" value and pictures and agreed on before hand..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts