Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
I'm not sure I get the point of those rear diff sockets. I've always just stuck my 1/2 ratchet directly into the plug to get it out.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
18 Posts
Hey, Marc from Ultimate Tool Co. here and thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I'll put up some posts regarding some of our featured products in the future, but let me comment on some of the products mentioned so far in this thread:

Regarding the KTC Panel Popper Kit: Probably our most popular product! Simply stated, this set is perfect for removing interior trim and debadging. When it's listed by name in factory service manuals, you know it's the proper tool!

Next up, the KTC 13mm Differential Socket: Yes, the 1/2" drive end of your ratchet can loosen the rear differential plug, much in the same way a butterknife can be used as a screwdriver. If it works for you, that's fine, but the KTC socket ensures that you're using the proper sized tool for the job- no more gouging the edges of the plug because the 1/2" drive doesn't quite fit!

Lastly, the VIM T70 Torx Socket: Though there are several manufacturers making T70 torx bits, after researching we decided to go with VIM. Reasons why can be found on the page link. Our customers have been extremely happy with the quality and strength of the VIM socket and so have we!

Anyways, thanks again for the welcome, and we look forward to being part of SubaruForester.org!

- Marc

·
Registered
2007 Forester
18 Posts
whats the big difference in these panel tools vs yours, other then the price?
Though I can't comment on the quality of the Harbor Freight tool, I can express confidence in the panel popper kit produced by KTC. Just judging from personal use, the plastic used in this kit has amazing strength, while its high- gloss finish allows it to slide easily between the crevices among interior panels. Also, all edges have the slightest curve in them, preventing scratches on paint and trim (with proper use, of course).

More than anything, we at Ultimate Tool Co. express confidence in the KTC name. The Japanese company has over 50 years of experience and has become Japan's top brand in tools, being used in all forms of motorsport, including F1. We absolutely stand by all the KTC products we sell, and though the price difference may seem steep, these tools are absolutely top-notch. If it's good enough for the service technicians at factory dealerships, it's good enough for us!

The biggest difference though? Obviously it's gotta be the pink! Sure, it seems odd at first, but you won't have any problem finding these panel poppers when at the bottom of your toolbox!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts