Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the name has changed, the people haven't.

We're working on integrating the best of the old site, and bringing in new and innovative forums which will better serve the needs of our community.

Please feel free to look around, and of course, your suggestions are welcome in the appropriate forum. We are currently working on the site, and are going to be replacing phpbb with a vBulletin format in the near future. We are also going with a server network who is local to me, so I can keep control of our downtime.

·
Premium Member
2002 S Sport
51 Posts
congrats on getting back up and running if at a slightly different address... personally I prefer the .org

is there any way to at least get the email address database off the old server and send all the existing members a quick email letting them know of the move?

speaking for myself I'd really have preferred to find out that way then to have to go hunting for "what the [email protected]# happened to SF.com" ;)

I'm sure I'm singing to the choir here but one of the best things SF.com had is momentum and that is tough to get from a dead stop... "spamming" the loyal community just once and asking each person to register and make at least X postings would start things off well IMHO... and a reminder to use the name username will help you on importing old postings if you are able in future.

:D

p.s. and perhaps add a "donate" button someplace obvious at least for a little while.. even if you take them to an explanation page first :p

·
Odd Sod
2004 Forester XT 5MT
89 Posts
Who? Ray!

How I have missed this forum!!!

wakaru (the artist formerly known as xtatic)

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
I can't believe how fast posts are piling up. It should be back to normal in no time. When a forum crashes it truly sucks. There is invaluable knowledge up there. It happened to my motorcycle forum once shadowriders.net .

But what you'll find is that slowly but surely most if not all of the info will find its way back there. It is the people behind the board that make it happen and I can't thank you all enough for the great forum, it's been unbelieveably helpful. Great job getting it back up.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,251 Posts

·
admin
7,251 Posts
I suffered through some severe twitching. I'm doing much better now.
But I still keep mumbling to myself something about having to finding the old database. :wink:

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Thanks to all who busted their buttz to get SubaruForester.xxx back up and running!

Great job!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,679 Posts
Thanks, everybody, for making this happen. Good to start seeing familiar names again.

Is anybody taking bets on how long it is before we get the first "How do I disable my DRLs?" request? But--unfortunately, for the time being at least--we can't simply answer "Try the search function. It's been discussed here a million times." I do hope we can get that lode of valuable information back into our hands, and soon.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
I'm waiting for the "What oil should I use" thread! AHaha!

·
admin
7,251 Posts
mikebike357 said:
I'm waiting for the "What oil should I use" thread! AHaha!
Do a search newbie.

Just joking, I've been spending way too much time @ NASIOC. :lol:

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
On NASIOC that would've been filled with various "choice" words. n00b.

·
admin
7,251 Posts
mikebike357 said:
On NASIOC that would've been filled with various "choice" words. n00b.
But this is not NASIOC. :D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts