Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hate to rush but when will the 235/45/18 kuhmo spt be up. I need tires quick, and if there not up soon I'll just go local.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Hate to rush but when will the 235/45/18 kuhmo spt be up. I need tires quick, and if there not up soon I'll just go local.
Unfortunately, this particular size has to be special ordered from Kumho, it is not on our marketing list for inventory...If you would like to special order them, travel time to your door is usually two weeks.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I have always loved DTD. Unfortunately I just had a bad experience where I ordered some new tires for my sister's mini-van which desparately needed replacements. They were ordered on Saturday the 3rd. I figured arrival by the 8th or 9th. When they didn't arrive by the 13th I called in and was told that the tire was backordered with no idea when they would be available. I understand there is nothing that DTD could have done to get the tire, but I received NO phone call or email explaining the situation, just left swinging in the wind. A little disappointing after the stellar service I have received in the past.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
I have always loved DTD. Unfortunately I just had a bad experience where I ordered some new tires for my sister's mini-van which desparately needed replacements. They were ordered on Saturday the 3rd. I figured arrival by the 8th or 9th. When they didn't arrive by the 13th I called in and was told that the tire was backordered with no idea when they would be available. I understand there is nothing that DTD could have done to get the tire, but I received NO phone call or email explaining the situation, just left swinging in the wind. A little disappointing after the stellar service I have received in the past.

That doesn't sound right. (the part about no call).. :huh: Pm me your name and phone number and I'll look into your order for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
website suggestion

Here's a "round to it" or two for someone in your shop. The website now has a virtual tour of various tire combinations with cars (someone else also has this). That's good. But it doesn't have the Forester at all for years 2005 and following. The one for 2004 - I'm not sure that's a 2004 but if it is, it's two-tone paint scheme is not easy to relate to what many of us drive. Secondly, the wheels pictured exclude some of the inventory (e.g., MB Speed and Interline). And third, your site does not give the place of manufacture. I even went by the local DT shop and asked the manager about the MB Speed and he had no idea where it came from and didn't offer to find out("All I know is they're made overseas."). I had $ in hand but just walked out and got something else elsewhere. :icon_frown: I've seen here that MB is A-Tech, a Japanese-made product, but in the internet world it's getting pretty important for retailers to know at least what customers know. Not all buyers are like my wife: "What's the difference between a tire and a wheel?" :biggrin:

I hope this doesn't sound like whining - just trying to be helpful. I want you to be successful here.

Bill

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Here's a "round to it" or two for someone in your shop. The website now has a virtual tour of various tire combinations with cars (someone else also has this). That's good. But it doesn't have the Forester at all for years 2005 and following. The one for 2004 - I'm not sure that's a 2004 but if it is, it's two-tone paint scheme is not easy to relate to what many of us drive. Secondly, the wheels pictured exclude some of the inventory (e.g., MB Speed and Interline). And third, your site does not give the place of manufacture. I even went by the local DT shop and asked the manager about the MB Speed and he had no idea where it came from and didn't offer to find out("All I know is they're made overseas."). I had $ in hand but just walked out and got something else elsewhere. :icon_frown: I've seen here that MB is A-Tech, a Japanese-made product, but in the internet world it's getting pretty important for retailers to know at least what customers know. Not all buyers are like my wife: "What's the difference between a tire and a wheel?" :biggrin:

I hope this doesn't sound like whining - just trying to be helpful. I want you to be successful here.

Bill
Thank you for the suggestions. I am sorry that you didn't get more effort put into your question. I would be happy to look them up for you. Are you still looking? PM me the questions you have and I will do my best to answer them. I have forwarded your message to our Web department. We appreciate your suggestions. Thank you Bill.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Wow, Just talked with Steve at DTD and ordered some rings. Very helpful! He was able to find the hub size and bore size that I needed and discounted the price even more. DTD rocks!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts