Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Welcome discount tire. Can I ask for some particular tires here.

Looking for a better selection of 235/45/18 tires (kuhmo spt)

And when winter comes to stock some 215/55/17

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
I've bought several sets of tires from them as well and its always been a great experience. Perhaps this is a good time to mention I was the one who posted here about the $100 off sale last fall. When I told the local guys in Canada about the amazing prices and the $100 off deal they bought about 30 sets of tires and wheels in 2 weeks. I should get a comission :biggrin:

Speaking of which DT, when is your next $100 off purchase of 4 tires ? I bought my winter tires the week before this deal came out.

And will there be a DT rep here ?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I just picked up a set of summer tires for the Tribeca, the Nitto 420S. Amazing tires, great grip, low noise, overall I am very happy with them. Also, great price at $115 each after the $25 off and free shipping, not bad for a 255 55 18 tire.

I bought the snows for the Tribeca during the $100 off sale, ended up being buy 3 get 1 free basically.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. We are excited to be a member of SubaruForester.org

Welcome discount tire. Can I ask for some particular tires here.

Looking for a better selection of 235/45/18 tires (kuhmo spt)

And when winter comes to stock some 215/55/17
done, you'll see them on the site in a few days. :Banane08:

wow!

hey, can DT order 5Zigen wheels?
We sure can, we actually stock some of them and can special order anything they build. Give our sales department a call for availability and price. 1.888.459.4080.

No Continentals? No Nokians?
We do sell Continentals are you looking for a particular model that you don't see on our site? We do not mail order Nokians. Our stores might be able to order them in for you. Discount Tire, Custom Wheels, Truck & Car Rims | Discount Tire Co. for a Store Locator.

Any DTD specials for SF.org members?:icon_biggrin:
I can't promise anything at yet but I do know you guys will get the 1up from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
17,718 Posts
We do sell Continentals are you looking for a particular model that you don't see on our site?
Yes, I see Continental now when I look at the overall list of brands that you carry, but the brand doesn't show up in the pulldown list for the 215/60-16 that's stock for my 2003. I'm currently using (and happy with) their Extreme Contacts and will be looking for a replacement set in the next few months.

I bought this set from Tirerack, and while they still list them there they no longer show this particular size. Nor do you. All you've got is 17s and 18s.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Yes, I see Continental now when I look at the overall list of brands that you carry, but the brand doesn't show up in the pulldown list for the 215/60-16 that's stock for my 2003. I'm currently using (and happy with) their Extreme Contacts and will be looking for a replacement set in the next few months.

I bought this set from Tirerack, and while they still list them there they no longer show this particular size. Nor do you. All you've got is 17s and 18s.
We do not inventory the 215/60-16 Conti Extreme in that size. I will check with Continental for you tomorrow on the production of that size.
How about selling a wider variety of R comps like Toyo RA-1 / R888 or Kumho V710's ?
We can certainly special order any Kumho product. In regards to Toyo, we do not mail order them. Any local Discount Tire Store can order them. We specialize in the Nitto brand which is owned by Toyo.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Problem is I'm by 13669 and there's no retail locations nearby. R888's is what I'm after, Nitto R comps are good but an older model. Mail out to the racing crowd ! :biggrin:

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Problem is I'm by 13669 and there's no retail locations nearby. R888's is what I'm after, Nitto R comps are good but an older model. Mail out to the racing crowd ! :biggrin:

Wish we could. If its new you want, have you considered BFG's new: R1 - Click on "Take the Virtual Tour". There is some pretty cool insite (video too) worth watching.

bbottomly,
I tried to track down an "Conti Extreme" in the 215.60.16 and was unable to find one. I spoke with Continental and according to them, they don't make it in that size. They do however make the Pro Contact and the Touring Contact AS. Are you interested in one of those?

·
Super Moderator
17,718 Posts
I tried to track down an "Conti Extreme" in the 215.60.16 and was unable to find one. I spoke with Continental and according to them, they don't make it in that size. They do however make the Pro Contact and the Touring Contact AS. Are you interested in one of those?
Drat! They used to. I've got four of them.

I'll have to do more research on this. Snow performance is high on my list due to the uncertainty of when the first or last storm of the season is going to occur.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts

I just got off the phone with Coninental, the 215/60VR16 Conti Extreme Contact is on back order. The rep says they have a production date set for "sometime" in June. This is all the information she could offer me.

·
Super Moderator
17,718 Posts
I just got off the phone with Coninental, the 215/60VR16 Conti Extreme Contact is on back order. The rep says they have a production date set for "sometime" in June. This is all the information she could offer me.
Ah, that’s a horse of a different color. I won't be needing them till state inspection time, which runs through the end of July, so it might just work out OK.

Thanks. Keep in touch.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Good to know. I'm ordering next week, and would love to save some bucks, and also support a vendor. Being Canadian, it's hard to get decent prices.
We have always shipped to Canada but give us two weeks and we'll have something better than what we have now for our friends up North. We've been working hard to make it easier for you and its all coming together.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts