Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 98 ej 25 forester that's manual and the other day I was driving to work and the gear started getting tighter and tighter withing a 30 second time span, I got to work and parked but at that point the car wouldn't go into gear at all and it felt like I was pushing on a brick wall, and when it went into gear a little it grinded so hard. Anyways I got off my shift and started my car and it went into all of the gears like butter. My slave cylinder looks normal and my tranny fluids are a little low but not enough to mess with stuff like that? Can someone explain or point me to a forum where someone can? Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i 6mt
246 Posts
What do you mean the fluid level is low but not enough to worry about like down to add , cause funny thing is my brother in law checks his engine oil but doesn’t add any even when it gets to add, but I don’t figure you mean that, how long since you changed the gear oil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was about halfway between F and L and my friends a lube tech so we're just gonna end up doing a tranny flush, I bled my clutch through my slave cylinder which seemed to help my problem, my gears have been feeling better and it hasn't happened since

1 - 3 of 3 Posts