Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My forester has been making a weird noise. The noise is a an electical type noise and only happens once I go above 80mph but continues once I slow down.

- The noise is very sporadic, the noise isn't constant (goes on and off once it has started)
- Electrical sounding, sounds coming from behind driver side dash.
- Only happens once I go above 80 and then continues once I slow back to speed limit but becomes stops and slows in consistency until I reach about 65 then it stops.
- Never happens until I go over 80, it seems to start like clockwork at this speed, but it doesn't always do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one! I get it as slow as 65, and only when there is a strong crosswind. It is a high pitched squeal, and is impossible to ignore. I've always figured there was some gap that the wind was blowing across creating the whistle...almost like a musical instrument. I may have to try Peaty's solution now...

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
I used to have a similar problem in my Outback Limited. I went through the whole car with a fine toothed comb and didn't find it so I upgraded the stereo. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Doh...sea-scooby beet me to it....

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
it's the advanced subaru anti-ticket warning system :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts