Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Base Model
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has started in the past couple of weeks, and I have driven my Foz only on the highway a couple of times...

When I get up to about 65-72mph in ANY gear my car makes a "Whwooooo" :woohoo: sound coming of the passenger side (unsure whether front/rear). It is pretty loud I can hear it over over the stock radio with on like 30-35 volume...

The car has only 5000 miles on it. I have done no mods yet to the car. I have only changed the oil and, it made this sound before I changed the oil. I have heard this happen on two different days. I have checked all the windows, it makes the sound whether they are open of closed. Maybe there is a correlation of this only happening on warmer days, but I have not found a specific pattern, that I can repeat yet, though I am working on it...

I have no clue what could be doing this, but I think it is some kind of vibration in conjunction with the wind whistling over something on that side of the car. I don't feel anything like the brakes rubbing, but it sounds similar to that sound, but the vehicle would pull or shudder if that was happening. But is does appear to only happen under acceleration.. so possibly fuel related...? I have seen other posts related to this but not 2019-2010 related

Is it only my car? Or does anybody else's car make a noise like this?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
My fan makes a pretty significant "whoooooo" on setting 2.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No roof rack. And it appears to be coming from lower than roof, and most likely lower than the window line.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
well, it is dealer time

keep us updated

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah... I usually like to know what the dealer has to fix, before they tell me it is some other bulls**t. I don't trust them to actually find any "conclusive" results.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. It is my damn passenger side window. Outside temperature has to be above 82 degrees and I have to be going 65-75 mph for me to hear it. Looks like time to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2010 Forester LTD.
62 Posts
Mine makes an odd noise but I think it may be the exhaust resonating.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, I figured it... really this time.

I had Safelite replace my windshield and I think it is the windshield. So not a Subaru defect then....

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
150 Posts
This is what it is, Safelite has replaced several windshields in mine and now that it has gotten warm outside and when you drive on the highway the rubber molding around the windshield creates some sort of vibration. I'm so frustraited with Safelite, they use garbage glass, just so it will break again and you go back to them. They also busted both of my "A" piller covers.
I'm gonna try to take back to them to have it fixed or do it myself if I knew what to use th hold the rubber in place better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts