Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So over the past few days, I've noticed a weird issue with the car.

When it's been through a cold soak - like overnight - after starting the car there is no power to the radio or wipers. I had hard-wired a V1 detector into the radio circuit via an add-a-fuse, but that is tight in place.

After a few minutes of running the car to warm it up, I hear a click and the radio comes on and wipers work again.

Anyone have this issue? Anyone know where the relay is that handles both of these? AFAIK, they're not handled through the same fuse.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,943 Posts
Strange. The wiring diagram shows that neither of these is controlled by a relay. They both go to the ignition switch and then to the battery, with a fuse or two along the way.

They do share a 50 amp fuse in the box under the hood. It's the one marked SBF-4 in this diagram. Perhaps there's something unhappy there, and the sound you're hearing is from a relay that's fed from that same circuit but not associated with the wipers or the radio?

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - I'll have to see what else is affected by this weird issue.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
1 Posts
traumadog,

I have exactly the same problem, although, had not noticed any relationship to cold weather. My radio and wipers are both out of commission at the moment. Please let me know what you find out.

Thanx,
dukejools

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been working ok lately - just hasn't been in the teens weather-wise, which is when it's the worst. Heck, when it's that cold, some of the center console bulbs don't work either.

·
Registered
2002 forester
1 Posts
I have the same weird cold issue...

I have the same weird cold issue, only it affects the radio, wipers and the heated seats? any ideas? thanks

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Looking at the US power distribution diagrams all the circuits below are fed from the ACC position of the ignition switch. Probably a sticky contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts