Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
I finally got my Weathertech floor mats that I have been wishin for since I first saw them. They did not offer them for my 99 but sure enough they have them for the 09-10. We have the for my wife's fusion and they are very nice for winter or anytime its nasty out. I strongly recommend them for anyone.
I also got a front end mask for the new forester. The installation is a lot harder from the 99 version. It is quite a tight fit that is far better than the previous version. I normally dont like them too much but with a dark colored car, it does not stand out to much. The main reason I got it is I HATE bugs and chips. Oh and I also got a iPod tray thingy. I really want to get the sports grill and Momo shifter thing. That is all, hope everyone's April Fool's Day is goin well.
-Anthony

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh I forgot to ask, I was wondering if anyone knows if we can get a different key for the 09-10 foresters? I had the STi key for my 99 and I was hoping that perhaps there is a different looking key with the chip for Sti's or anyother vehicle.
Also, anyone else here from KS? I would love to meet up with fellow kansasians for some forester fun :D

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,295 Posts
Q on floorliners...

Hi there:

This question is for either you or anyone else who has used the floor liners for a LONG time.

I bought some of the factory rubber mats for my Foz, and within about 25k miles, the driver's mat has a crack/fracture where my right heel pivots under the gas pedal. I have had the same problem with the factory rubber mats for my Ford van. So my solution for next winter will either involve a new set of factory mats (I have to buy all 4 to get one mat), fixing the existing mat with shoe goo, or trying Weathertech stuff.

Do the Weathertech mats seem to be ultra-durable in the driver's heel area? Any special reinforcement? They certainly seem to have vastly superior coverage...

Thanks in advance,
George

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,064 Posts
The weather tech digi-fit are more of a rubberized plastic that is about 3/16" thick VS the rubber of regular mats. There should be no worries about them cracking.

Just order in the summer if you want them by winter.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. The picture of the Floorliners on the mats.com website, for the '09-'10 Forester, doesn't look like our specific vehicle ... it appears to be some other model. I've had the Floorliners in other vehicles, and absolutely loved them!

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pictures of the interior. First couple are of the floorliners in gray. Then it is the iPod/phone tray. Then the sun visors without the warning decals. I removed them by using the wife's hair dryer and a flat head screwdriver. Only got a couple of burns :S Then is the cargo net that is made for the Baja but it fits the 2010 and 1999 forester. One of the little additions that I took from my old forester. Front end mask will follow...

Attachments

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exterior Photos...
First are a couple of shots after finishing my attempt to control the weather, for example when I wash and wax my car it WILL rain the next day.
Next is a close up of where the full front end mask connects under the hood and the engine area.
The last couple of shots are of the front end mask installed and looking sharp. Armor-Alled it for that slick shine :D If anyone has any questions just let me know.

I want to swap out the stock speakers and I was wondering if that would void my bumper2bumper. Anyone know?

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
looks nice, I've never been a fan of the car bra but it doesn't look too bad. I like that rear cargo net, may have to look into that one to help hold some stuff down.

I may suggest holding on to that warning sticker, you may need by law that if you ever go to sell or trade in the vehicle.

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too late, the decal came off in small little bits each time nothing larger than a quarter. Hopefully who ever I sell it too knows that it has a higher roll over risk and car seats should go in the back seat, other wise they are boned when they take that turn with their kido in the front :S

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Here are some pictures of the interior. First couple are of the floorliners in gray.
Now that you've had them for about 2 months, how are they? Any issues?
How do you think they would do with "lots" of snow? What I mean is, can they hold a lot of snow/water/dirt, or do they leak easily?
From what I've seen in photos, the front lip of the rear liners look short (not tall), meaning water could go over easily. Also I'm wondering the same thing about the 2 hook/holders in the driver's liner.
I'm thinking about picking up a set for our soon-to-be '10 Sport-Tech.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
I now have the Weathertech FloorLiners (front and rear) in my '10 Foz, and could not be happier. While they still remain to be tested in the snow, the design is very similar to the ones in my wife's Accord, and they did great last winter. No snow / slush "bleed" onto the carpets at all. I have not seen a better designed floor protector out there, pesonally.

BTW, when I ordered mine, they arrived at my house within a week. I know some others have had longer delivery times than that, maybe I just got lucky that they had some in stock / ready to ship vs. the possibility of having to run some batches of the liners that affected the time to ship for other buyers.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Thanks for the reply !!! I'll probably pick up a set as soon as I get the new Foz. Still not sure which color we're getting, so I'll wait to match the liners with the interior (obviously).
Also, did you order directly from WeatherTech?

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
I did order directly from Weathertec via the "mats.com" website. Unfortunately, I could not find an online coupon code at the time I ordered, but it's worth a web search when you do, to see if you can get free shipping or some percentage discount - they sometimes offer these perks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts