Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester Touring
27 Posts
2 month review

I have now had the digital fit mats for my 2011 forester for about 2 months.
They are better then any mat I have seen so far.. but.. there is room for improvement. They are high and cover very well but the front where you left resting foot is only 4" tall. So mud, water and snow from my boot run down the back of the mat. I am working on adding a section of mat to the foot rest so its the same height as my foot. If it works I will send pictures.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
1998 Forester
27 Posts
I've had them for a couple weeks now and am completely satisfied with the front mats. The second row mats are not as great though. They slide around a lot. When you get in unless you're very careful your feet push them under the front seats. When you're getting out your feet tend to really slide forward and can make you fall. I think I may try velcro or something else to make them stay in place better.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Fantastic pics. Very helpfull. Its amazing how many people are looking for this info, with the same comparison in mind.

Anyone have pics of the Husky's ?? (actually installed in a Foz)
I should take a better pic so you can get a better idea of the fit, but for the time being, in this thread there's a quick picture I took back when i bought the Husky mats.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Ltd
12 Posts
My Weathertech rear mat, purchased directly from mfg, is one piece.

Our experience is similar to previous posts, after a year:

-I like the mats and they are protecting the interior very well, carpet looks new where covered by the mats.

-Rear passengers tend to push the mat up under the front seats

-Mine are grey, slippery, show dirt all the time and don't clean up very well when washed with carwash soap and a nylon scrub brush. I once tried Armor All which did not work well on the mats and made them crazy slippery-- my mistake, bad call, don't blame the Armor All.

I also own a set of Subaru all weather mats that IMHO look much better but offer significantly less coverage.

·
Registered
2011 Forester Limited Auto w/nav
898 Posts
Yeah, Armour All on floor mats = bad thing (on the driver's side anyway). Hope you were able to get it washed off.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Manual
1 Posts
WeatherTech gap on drivers side next to gas peddle

So I just bought some weathertech floor mats for my 2009 Subaru Forester X I bought used. It has a manual transmission. The one issue I have with them is that on the lip which goes up the sidewall to the right of the gas peddle there is a slight gap. I experienced some slight issues with this while driving as I have big feet and my shoe would hit against the tip of the weathertech mat. Any suggestions on how to get this to conform better to the sidewall without bolting/screwing/securing it which would necessitate drilling a hole...

·
Registered
2011 Forester Automatic
25 Posts
Truefully i bought them for my 2011. and i wanna say its the best purchase i ever made, well worth the money. I just wish the side would go up higher near the door. They are a tad bit slippery to drive in well since their not rubber. Youll get over that quickly.

Works perfect
I highly recommend.

·
Registered
2012 2.5X Touring 5MT
35 Posts
Very happy with mine. Glad that they are not as thick as typical winter mats. As has been mentioned, the lip at the back is not as high as the rest, but you would need to have a LOT of water in them before it started sloshing over.

I guess my only gripe would be that I would prefer if both went higher up the firewall. The drivers side stops half way up the dead pedal and water from your shoes can get behind. The passengers side likewise lacks protection if your passenger likes to rest their feet on the firewall.

What I like the most about them is that they contain all the road gravel that the city puts down, and that inevitably gets tracked into the car. Every week or so I just dump them out on the street and wipe them down with simple green. They look great!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium 5MT
346 Posts
Maxfloormat?

Bump up an old thread for a question. Does anyone have any experience with maxfloormat? They look to be nearly identical to the weathertechs but costs a good deal less. I'm not sure but I know I need to get rid of the OEM all weather mats.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1999 Forester
5 Posts
how about carpet?

Nice info on the floor mats, will come in handy!

First I need to replace the carpet. Does anyone have a source for carpet kits?

My family will thank you ...
Chris

41 - 51 of 51 Posts