Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
I asked this question on another thread, and someone confirmed a 2003 mat fits in their 2002. The 2002/2001 floor pans should be identical... maybe. This winter I'll go order some.
Probably me. I bit the bullet and ordered an 03+ set for my 02 and they fit great. For what it's worth, the floorplan on 98-02 is the same and it's hardly changed if at all in the 03-08 which is why the newer version mats fit the older ones.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,742 Posts
Where would be the cheapest place to order them?
Straight from their site?
anyone know?
I ended up getting mine through JnJAssociates on nasioc. Check our vendors here of course first.

Love the front floorliners, if i had to do it again, i don't think i get the rear ones.

dm

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,742 Posts
do the rear ones not really fit that well?
They fit ok, the coverage really wasn't improved over the subaru all weather mats. (my rears were individual sections and didn't go over the center hump as I believe some might.

The boys in the back seat have big feet and manage to always move the backs under the front seats. YMMV

dm

·
Registered
2010 2.5X
53 Posts
I have had the Digital fit in my car for 3 years, and hers since August. They work great, never have to worry about wear, the ones in the Si still look new (when clean), I get the whole lip issue on the SH (not the case with the Si), but how much fluid would you really have at any given point? Just keep a synthetic shammie in the back. It's nice too because I put stuff on the mat that I wouldn't otherwise put in the car by itself. (Cake, Oil Jugs, etc.)

P.S. They do go over the hump in the SH.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
since my SG mats had gaps on either side of the passenger WTs, i filled the inner side with map packs. oh, and i flipped that carpet matt upside down and placed it over on top of the WTs. i didn't want the buckets getting scratched. lol

·
Registered
2011 2.5XT Touring 4EAT
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2011 XT Touring, and have a question about the digital fit floor liners. On the Weathertech website, I can only find the liner for a 2010 model, and it says: Fit Notes - Rear FloorLiner will not fit with optional sub-woofer located under Drivers Seat. This option is called "Audio Package 2"

I believe the Touring model has a standard subwoofer below the Driver's seat. So I am guessing the 2nd row won't fit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
That's correct, the factory sub get in the way of the Digi-fit rear mats. I just ordered the fronts, Don't usually have rear seat passengers.
The fronts mats are super.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
1,698 Posts
Just got some front Digital Fit and they look good, but would;ve like them to come up higher by the doors.
What do you'all do with the old floor mats? I considered putting them over the Weathertech mats.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
1,698 Posts
These mats are good, but they are slippery when wet, like getting in the car when it's raining, you put your feet in on the mat and they slip. I just put my OEM mats on top of the Weathertechs.. works out fine. Drivers side stays on the 2 hooks as well.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
1,698 Posts
No. Neither the OEM clothe mats or the weathertech mats are under any of the pedals. It's been about 2 weeks since I put them in, OEM on top and drivers side hasn't moved off the 2 keepers.
"She's a double bagger!"

·
Registered
2011 Forester Limited Auto w/nav
898 Posts
I just received my digital-fit mats. They do fit great. Very secure.

I do echo concerns that have been already posted.

It would be nice if the front edge did extend further up
The lack of a texture where your right heel rests can make it a bit slippery. Just some checkering in the mold would fix this.

The color choice leaves much to be desired, but then I really did not have an expectation that I could conceal these all weather mats.

Overall, I am happy with them. They seem like a good product that will last. Pricey, but made in the USA and seem good quality. I don't mind paying for that.

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X 4EAT
44 Posts
Just bought a 2011 Forester yesterday with the Subaru All-Weather Mats and was disappointed with their coverage, but I'm not sure that I can return them. Are the WeatherTechs enough of an improvement to be worth paying another $100-200, or would I be better off just dealing with the smaller mats for a while?

·
Registered
2011 Forester Limited Auto w/nav
898 Posts
Just bought a 2011 Forester yesterday with the Subaru All-Weather Mats and was disappointed with their coverage, but I'm not sure that I can return them. Are the WeatherTechs enough of an improvement to be worth paying another $100-200, or would I be better off just dealing with the smaller mats for a while?
Honestly, shop around. There are several manufacturers of all weather mats and liners. A lot of people here like Weathertech but that does not mean that this is your only choice.

WeatherTechs are expensive. There is no two ways about it. The only way I could justify the expense is that I intend on keeping this car for a long time.

Check out Husky mats. They give a little more coverage up front but I don't care for the appearance (not that weathertechs are a work of art)

It is too bad that "catch all" does not make a size customized for the Forester for I would have gone with that.

Shop around.

·
Premium Member
1998 Forester
27 Posts
Does anyone have the grey WT mats? I thought they might look better with my new grey interior but I'm worried that they may be to light and just look dirty all the time.

·
Registered
2011 2.5XT Touring
71 Posts
I bought the black digital fit mats. The driver's side fits great - just about perfectly but the passenger side is definitely a bit small. There are gaps on the sides. I read somewhere that one person used sandbags on the sides of the mat to improve the fit. I'd try this but I don't have access to sandbags.

Both provide adequate coverage for my needs though. I enjoy hiking and need protection from dirt, dust, mud and small rocks. With the exception of winter hiking I don't usually need protection from bits of snow or ice. It just doesn't snow that much here.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts