Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I have wanted a set of these since the day I bought the car, but refused to spend a ridiculous amount of money on the JDM ones. Has anyone ever bought a set from this company that can speak to the quality??

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 Limited CVT
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I have wanted a set of these since the day I bought the car, but refused to spend a ridiculous amount of money on the JDM ones. Has anyone ever bought a set from this company that can speak to the quality??
NO, NO, NO, NO!

No tape on! :chair:

Looks like a bubble, Weather Tech only.:cool:

Guess I’m out of luck.
:shake:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
The Quality on the ones i posted is very good . Ive had problems with water getting into door with the in-channel ones so i went with these this time. So far no problems with them in over 18 mo. service.

·
Registered
01 Forester "S" (FS)
518 Posts
I might want to add that I bought a set for my SF and they worked out well. I can now crack window open, in 99% of the rainy weather have a bit of fresh air. But then again, it can be opened only a crack, since the visors from the C&C are not wide.

They are sturdy enough, and they do give an unusual look to a Forester, especially when one realizes that there are no upper frames on the doors.

As far as JDM stuff is concerned, it is actually thinner than C&C material being used for the visors, and it costs close to 4x as much...

I guess a simple math, and market availability made the choice for me.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 Limited CVT
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my answer.

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

The side window deflectors are in development for the 2009 Forester and we hope to have them available in about six months. Feel free to fill out the Product Request Form found in the Customer Service section of the website and we will be able to contact you when the parts are released.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have further questions and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Derek
MacNeil Automotive

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 4EAT
32 Posts
have a set from MyCarWorx.com for my 2005
How have they performed? Do they do a good job of blocking the rain?

I'm also curious if you get much wind noise from them. I actually have a bad seal in the rubber door moulding on my front drivers side window, i get a lot of wind noise in the front bottom part of the window. I'm hoping these would actually help to shield some of that wind noise.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts