Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If there was one automaker that could bring a small wagon to market and make a success of it, you’d have to believe it would be Subaru.

With a lineup already chock-full of non-traditional offerings, it’s not a stretch to imagine Subaru offering something to go up against the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen. And maybe that’s because in other parts of the world Subaru does just that. Meet the Subaru Levorg, the Impreza-based wagon that North Americans are being deprived of.

Launched in Japan in 2014 as a slightly smaller successor to the Legacy wagon, the Levorg has been slowly spreading to other parts of the world that still value the added practicality of a so-called sport-tourer. That means this continent, with its infatuation with crossovers and sport utilities, will sadly remain Levorg-free for the foreseeable future.
Read more about We Need the Subaru Levorg and We Need it Now at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L 4EAT
93 Posts
since I don't like the larger sizes of the current Subaru family this would be the perfect size to me... The current Impreza size is very close to what the older Legacy's were

I like the older versions that were more compact on the outside, but still had space inside.

The latest offerings are way too tall. I can see over the roof of the '06 LL Bean Outback easily, and I can reach the roof - and stuff on it - fairly easily on my 02 Foz. Current models I would need a flippin' step ladder to access anything up top.

·
Registered
2015 Forester I-Premium 6MT
2,368 Posts
Yep 3 Subaru that I would go out and buy tomorrow.
The above mentioned Levorg
A 5 door wrx w/MT
A turbo forester w/MT

Too bad subaru is 0/3 here.

Would possibly consider a diesel w/MT as well.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 cvt
183 Posts
Levorg is a beautiful looking wagon. Hopefully the next STI will have a five door option. And it will be available in North America.

·
Registered
MY19 (AUS) Outback 3.6R CVT
393 Posts
Levorg is a beautiful looking wagon. ...
I wouldn’t say it was beautiful looking, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :smile:

Here are my thoughts that I posted a while ago on subaruoutback.org with some hopefully interesting links on there to road tests etc: Levorg vs Outback vs Legacy (Liberty)

(That was an old post & the info about the 19mm rear sway bar on the Australian spec 2016 Liberty 3.6R should be corrected. After a lot of back to back testing on our country roads the stock 16mm rear bar is clearly the better bar on our Liberty.)

·
Registered
2017 '08 2.5x / '17 2.5i 4EAT, CVT
182 Posts
Guessing this is lowered in these photos? If not, this would be nearly undriveable for me due to frequently scraping the front and rear end, plus high-centering out with this long of a rig.

My Last Civic (2009) had the stock 5.9 inches ground clearance and was constantly scraping the front end going in and out of drives, etc. Was always smacking those raised cement markers in parking lots too. Very frustrating to drive on anything but good roads.

Edit...checking around I see that in stock configuration it does sit extremely low for a wagon. The front wheel wouldn't have to drop into much of a pothole to take out that fancy front lip. This is primarily a smooth highway vehicle.

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI Sport
320 Posts
Someone, PLEASE, make a hood with a scoop for my 17 XT.. And the Levorg is a beautiful car..
It exists, but you have to be willing to get it shipped from Asia:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f80/available-hood-scoop-mod-309753/

Skip towards the end of the thread for links to the FB group and pictures of someone who has one stateside. This guy on IG also has one - plus a crazy wrap, insane Duramax exhaust, and flared fenders:

https://www.instagram.com/dat_flared_fxt/

...as for the Levorg. Do want :grin2:

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,826 Posts
I'm not interested any in low-riding cars anymore. I had a loaner Legacy ('16 Limited) yesterday and getting in and out was rough. Now I remember why I didn't shed any tears when I sold my '15 WRX and why I don't miss it one bit. Now I am looking at the ASCENT with more interest. Let's hope it has a good engine and not the anemic 2.5 the NA Forester has.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS 5 MT
2 Posts
i actually like it, i think. i don't love it, but it does remind me of second gen wrx wagons which i like. i'm not a fan of current iterations of the outback and forester as i think they've gotten too big and SUV-ish, so this looks like a cool middle ground.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
46 Posts
I'm not interested any in low-riding cars anymore. I had a loaner Legacy ('16 Limited) yesterday and getting in and out was rough. Now I remember why I didn't shed any tears when I sold my '15 WRX and why I don't miss it one bit. Now I am looking at the ASCENT with more interest. Let's hope it has a good engine and not the anemic 2.5 the NA Forester has.
Nearly positive it'll have the bigger version of the current WRX/XT engine: a 2.4L FA20 DIT. I'll bet that's going to be the engine in the new STI, albeit tuned for more power. I assume the Ascent will have about 290, give or take.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,826 Posts
Nearly positive it'll have the bigger version of the current WRX/XT engine: a 2.4L FA20 DIT. I'll bet that's going to be the engine in the new STI, albeit tuned for more power. I assume the Ascent will have about 290, give or take.
From your mouth to god's ears...er Corporates ears?!?

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 5 MT
523 Posts
I have a 99 OBW and an 03 Forester which I can easily get into and out of. Not so much on my son'e 08 Impreza WRX. Guess I am getting old :|

Likely next purchase is a used Crosstrek (Orange as it's the better halfs favorite color). Sat in an 18 Crosstrek the other day and it seemed to have the height I need.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts